“Birthday celebration”
Review of Trade

Trade
Reserve with OpenTable
Trade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 3,556 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: TRADE opened it's doors in 2011 with a very simple and effective approach: great atmosphere, great service, great food. Our James Beard Award Winning Chef, Jody Adams, partnered with Eric Papachristos and Sean Griffing to bring an upscale casual restaurant & bar to Atlantic Wharf. Guests enjoy small plates and shareables, wood-stone oven flatbreads, creative cocktails and more - all featuring bold flavors inspired by our team's travels. Untethered to just one cuisine, we offer a variety of tastes reminiscent of the coastal Mediterranean prepared using locally sourced ingredients. TRADE features an unparalleled atmosphere with floor to ceiling windows showcasing views of the Greenway. Our bright, energetic lunch service transitions to a sleek and sexy scene in the evenings for cocktails and dinner; reflecting our location on the edge of the Financial District and the Seaport District.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It was our first time at Trade and we were accompanied with 2 kids . Valet parking was available ,table was booked so no waiting time .All food was tasty and right small helpings so no waste . Hummus ,flat bread and ginger icecream are worth the mention .no colour pencils to keep kids busy??

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Trade is located steps away from the InterContinental Boston hotel where we were staying. Muhammed, the manager of the hotel Club Room, highly recommended the restaurant.

The restaurant is large with lots of wood and open spaces. We asked for a booth and were directed to a table with a banquette seat at one end and a backless stool at the other. The stool was a little high and my friend felt like she might fall off. As we looked around, we wished we had sat at the bar which had high stools but with backs.

My friend had spicy brussel sprouts and I had the Trade burger. Both were delicious. We also split an order of charred broccoli that was equally good. Our server was friendly but had a thick accent that made it difficult to understand.

All in all, a great restaurant that should please most palates and wallets.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I have traveled all over the world and in the US and believe it or not, this place is a hidden gem! They have fantastic wait staff that were knowledgeable and friendly. I am vegan and they were able to accommodate everything I wanted to eat and make it taste incredible. I had the hummus and then the mushroom and fig flatbread with no cheese. It was absolutely delicious! The drinks were also well prepared and they have a wide assortment. It also was not that pricey (about $40 per person which included 2 drinks each).

Amanda L, Public Relations Manager at Trade, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi James! Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience at TRADE on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that our team exceeded your expectations to meet your vegan diet, and that you enjoyed your visit with us! We will pass along your kind words to our entire team and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I brought my Board of Directors here for a casual lunch, as I had liked this restaurant. Note, my Board is a group that flew in from around the world. When booking the table reservation, I contacted the Director of Marketing + Events for Trade and alerted them to the fact that one of my Board members is handicapped, and therefore we needed to sit at a low table. The Director of Marketing confirmed my request and confirmed the low table arrangement. I also confirmed this when I confirmed the reservation. Well, I arrived to my Board lunch late, and low-and-behold, my Board had been set at a high-top table. Our Board member with the prosthetic leg, whom is very humble and never complains, was falling off the stool. The hostesses told my Board, and me when I arrived, that they could not accommodate our group and they knew nothing of our table request. Not appropriate. Eventually after negotiating with the hostesses, I was able to move my group to a proper table. This was unacceptable, unprofessional and embarrassing -- embarrassing not only for me, but, my Board member whom is very sensitive to their disability and never wants to put anyone out. I will not return.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We went to Trade recently for a pre-Valentine's Day dinner with my wife and two kids. I visited the restaurant for the first time, although my wife has gone there earlier after work. It was really enjoyable experience for us. Both food and service was exceptional. We liked the small dish choices with special mediterranean touch within the dishes. Their small tapas like menu allows you to try multiple items instead of confining to a giant dish. The sever took spacial care of our service and at the end, they provided with an extra desert as a compliment from the restaurant!
In addition, this is a great location if you are visiting Boston with a view of Boston downtown. There is a parking garage right under the restaurant where you can park for your visit to Boston Waterfront, have a special dinner and drive out.