6 people are viewing this hotel
$248
Canopy$256
Hotels.com$256
Hurb$263
All reviews rose restaurant filtered water union oyster house old north church faneuil hall north end restaurants quincy market diamond members hanover street front desk staff hotel restaurant city view two night stay location is fantastic parking garage early check freedom trail
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2022 via mobile

The Canopy is brand new to Boston. Though some definite flaws due to only being open one month- the staff is incredible. Elma especially could not have been more thoughtful and attentive. Although they have coffee/espresso makers in the room- nothing for tea. Elma made an exhaustive search for a kettle which I really appreciated. In addition- she made extra effort in the early morning to get hot water when no kettle was to be found. The gym is terrific with a good size room, weights, 2 Pelotons, treads and ellipticals. Bathrobes available upon request. Terrific location a stones throw from the North End. I usually stay in Back Bay, but with Hilton tacking on their ridiculous resort fees (now charging Lifetime Diamonds like me for what we used to get comped to stay at not resort properties) I will look forward to returning to the Canopy (as long as there is no resort fee)

Room tip: If you like to walk this is close to everything
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Randi E. C
Laura K, Other at Canopy by Hilton Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Randi, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad Elma was able to make a great impression - she continues to take great care of our guests and we are so lucky to have her on our team!

Reviewed 2 May 2022

My husband and I went to Boston for the weekend and are so happy with our stay at Canopy by Hilton Boston Downtown hotel. The attention to detail throughout the hotel is beautiful, from the wallpaper, which gives a nod to Boston's history with a modern twist, to the complimentary refillable water bottles/filling stations.

While we took advantage of our proximity to the North End's fun Italian restaurants and public markets, we had a chance to eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The portions are generous, the food fresh and the staff delightful.

We will definitely be returning!

Date of stay: May 2022

Thank you for the great review. Glad to read you enjoyed our beautiful and thoughtful decor, our incredible location, and delicious Rose Town Kitchen & Bar!

Reviewed 30 April 2022

Staff is helpful, especially Mariah, Besart, and Tanya. Also Brian with at curbside desk. Location near Aquarium, Quincy Market, and Faneuil Hall and other spots like Union Oyster House and North End restaurants. Great location! On minus side: a public computer is desirable at times and there isn't one. There are no robes in the rooms, who wants to pack a robe anymore? My friend missed a day of maid service in her room. On plus side: location as mentioned, plus hotel is very clean. Nice restaurant but I wish they would not have hard driving rock music at night when one is trying to relax. Service quite slow at dinner one night but could be a one off. Dont think it was server's fault.

Room tip: Ask for a room on GREENWAY side, much better view.
Date of stay: April 2022

Thanks for sharing your feedback and highlighting some of our amazing Enthusiasts! For your next visit, please keep in mind that we have bathrobes available upon request and our Guest Services team is happy to assist with any of your printing needs.

Reviewed 28 April 2022

For all of you who are looking to ride a Peloton during your hotel stay and are serious riders, there are a few things you should know:
1. Their Peloton bikes have a two clip system and toe cages, so your Peloton bike shoes (3 clip) will not work.
2. If you want to clip into the Peloton bikes at this hotel, bring your road biking shoes or your mountain biking shoes.
3. There is no reservation system. It is first-come, first-serve.
4. Their Peloton bikes have not been solidly centered on the floor, so if you're getting after it, you can expect some side-to-side wiggle as you ride.
I called twice and asked about the pedals so I could pack the right bike shoes before I arrived, and I was given misinformation. Imagine how mad I was the first day I went down to ride. I missed five days of riding because of their lack of attention to detail.
Aside from the Peloton bike fiasco, this is a clean hotel in a great location with a friendly staff. I will stay here again, and yes, I will pack the proper bike shoes next time.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

StrollMyWorld, please accept our apologies regarding the misinformation with the Peloton attachments. We look forward to your next visit and wish you happy riding!

Reviewed 26 April 2022 via mobile

We stayed here for a night for my fiancé’s birthday, from the moment we checked in to the moment we left the whole entire experience was perfect. We were able to get a very early check in which was very kind of the front desk supervisor! I forgot her name but she was excellent. The hotel smelled incredible and everything from bar service to the room was amazing. The room was the cleanest room I’ve ever stayed in, honestly in mint condition with no issues. Shower was very nice and the bed was so comfortable we slept amazing! I definitely will try to stay here again in the future! Also very centrally located, walking distance to just about everything. Not sure why other people complained about this hotel, definitely stay here!

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us to celebrate such a special occasion! So glad to read about your incredible experience and we look forward to your next visit.