6 people are viewing this hotel
$278
Canopy$288
Hotels.com$288
Hurb$296
All reviews rose restaurant filtered water union oyster house old north church faneuil hall quincy market north end restaurants hotel restaurant diamond members hanover street front desk city view two night stay location is fantastic parking garage early check freedom trail
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2022

Staff is helpful, especially Mariah, Besart, and Tanya. Also Brian with at curbside desk. Location near Aquarium, Quincy Market, and Faneuil Hall and other spots like Union Oyster House and North End restaurants. Great location! On minus side: a public computer is desirable at times and there isn't one. There are no robes in the rooms, who wants to pack a robe anymore? My friend missed a day of maid service in her room. On plus side: location as mentioned, plus hotel is very clean. Nice restaurant but I wish they would not have hard driving rock music at night when one is trying to relax. Service quite slow at dinner one night but could be a one off. Dont think it was server's fault.

Room tip: Ask for a room on GREENWAY side, much better view.
Date of stay: April 2022
Laura K, Other at Canopy by Hilton Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Thanks for sharing your feedback and highlighting some of our amazing Enthusiasts! For your next visit, please keep in mind that we have bathrobes available upon request and our Guest Services team is happy to assist with any of your printing needs.

Reviewed 28 April 2022

For all of you who are looking to ride a Peloton during your hotel stay and are serious riders, there are a few things you should know:
1. Their Peloton bikes have a two clip system and toe cages, so your Peloton bike shoes (3 clip) will not work.
2. If you want to clip into the Peloton bikes at this hotel, bring your road biking shoes or your mountain biking shoes.
3. There is no reservation system. It is first-come, first-serve.
4. Their Peloton bikes have not been solidly centered on the floor, so if you're getting after it, you can expect some side-to-side wiggle as you ride.
I called twice and asked about the pedals so I could pack the right bike shoes before I arrived, and I was given misinformation. Imagine how mad I was the first day I went down to ride. I missed five days of riding because of their lack of attention to detail.
Aside from the Peloton bike fiasco, this is a clean hotel in a great location with a friendly staff. I will stay here again, and yes, I will pack the proper bike shoes next time.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

StrollMyWorld, please accept our apologies regarding the misinformation with the Peloton attachments. We look forward to your next visit and wish you happy riding!

Reviewed 26 April 2022 via mobile

We stayed here for a night for my fiancé’s birthday, from the moment we checked in to the moment we left the whole entire experience was perfect. We were able to get a very early check in which was very kind of the front desk supervisor! I forgot her name but she was excellent. The hotel smelled incredible and everything from bar service to the room was amazing. The room was the cleanest room I’ve ever stayed in, honestly in mint condition with no issues. Shower was very nice and the bed was so comfortable we slept amazing! I definitely will try to stay here again in the future! Also very centrally located, walking distance to just about everything. Not sure why other people complained about this hotel, definitely stay here!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us to celebrate such a special occasion! So glad to read about your incredible experience and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2022

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a weekend and couldn’t have been happier with the hotel. The room was beautiful and spotless. Staff was friendly and the restaurants atmosphere was awesome. Overall 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank timwS3200LV

Tim, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a great review. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2022

The short version is that I think this will eventually be a good hotel, but it's just not a hospitable place to stay yet. Let things shake out for a few months before you stay here.

* Attempted to use the Hilton app to check in. That failed with some error messages.
* Tried to call the hotel, and all the menu options took us to "that extension is not connected". (Later, we would find out that their phones were down for the day!)
* On arrival, learned that they don't have their own garage. And, the garage they typically recommend was full.
* For the first day only the outlets connected to the room's light switch worked. That meant no TV, no refrigerator, and no way to charge phones while you slept.
* We had the same red stains in our shower mentioned by another reviewer.
* Strange occasional bright flashes at night from the fire alarm system or something in the ceiling.

It'd be one thing if this was a budget hotel. But at these prices, I'd expect more.

On the positive side, the room was comfortable. Hot water and pressure were good. The room had blackout curtains, and we slept very well. The view from the bar/lounge is stellar, across the Greenway to the North End. The whole row of windows open, letting tons of fresh air in! And, you can't beat the location.

They're still saddled with the dregs of some inconsistent COVID protocols. On the face of it, COVID is over. The staff wasn't masked, save for one guy. In the room, you're clearly getting the end of the roll of toilet paper and tissues that were in there for the previous guest. OK, I guess that's par for the course these days. But they were unable to open my bottle of wine because of "mumble COVID mumble"? Weird.

We'll think about staying here again someday, once they've had some time to get sorted.

Date of stay: April 2022

Mike, thanks for taking the time to share some feedback. We have made several improvements over the last few months and hope you give us another shot to impress you the next time you travel to Boston.