“Unsafe- would NOT recommend”

Best Western Plus Boston Hotel
Ranked #74 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I arrived at the hotel with my 16 year old niece. Upon arriving to the parking lot, 4 people were in the "private" parking area shooting up. We ran from our car into the hotel. The inside of the hotel was clean, and seemed fine. However, once we went to go back to the car, we found two young women walking up and down the parking lot selling themselves. A car with an older man came over to pick up one of the women. As a young woman, I felt incredibly unsafe. When I spoke with the manager, he said that there was a security guard that was on staff from 11-8. Unfortunately, if this was what was happening at 2pm, I was not willing to stick around to see once it got dark. It was a horrible hassle trying to cancel the room, and I ended up in tears trying to get a refund, as I had booked through expedia. The hotel was unwilling to help me with this situation. This hotel should be responsible for advertising the neighborhood for which it exists, and if they are unwilling to do that, at least they should be monitoring their property 24/7. So disappointed....

Room Tip: Terrible area, incredibly unsafe.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank k12345678g
Sal T, Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us and we will use the information to implement improvements to better serve our guest.

Operations Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

So my challenge while visiting here was that I rode in on my motorcycle, and attended a class in Cambridge. The staff was considerate enough to point out a parking area in the front of the building between the handicapped parking and the reserved parking which was not designated as either. I felt safe parking my bike there (covered) for the two days I was there. I didn't want to pay to park uptown. Parking here was free.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank bobholcombe
Vandana K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 6179891000.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Worst street in Mass. Terrible location & extremely uncomfortable visit to this hotel. Parking lot almost non existent. The neighborhood was absolutely horrendous and terrifying. Could not bring myself to get out of the car... Customer service was terrible. We cannot get a refund & having a hard time getting through to somebody in upper management. I do not recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us and we will use the information to make changes to better service our guest.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Although it is a bit unfair towards very friendly and helpful staff, who does their best to satisfy their guests, I can't recommend this hotel. Rooms are nice and big with very comfortable beds, but they are so noisy. Hotel management leave a message in the room about the noise problem together with ear plugs, but this can't be a permanent solution.
Location is not good either. There is nothing to do in the area. You won't die of hunger as there is McDonalds and small store across the road, but that's all. Also there is a heavy traffic, a lot of homeless people around and the whole area is not very clean.
Hotel organizes shuttle to subway stations several times a day and it is also possible to walk. The closest station is the red line Andrew station about 10 minutes of walking from the hotel and from there it is only 2 stops to the down town.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Sal T, Manager at Best Western Plus Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us.
We will use the information to make improvements to better service our guest in the future. I hope you will consider staying with us again and give us an opportunity to provide you with superior service.

Sal Teixeira
Operations Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is on 'Methadone Mile'. Not saying it's terrible but it completely caught my friend and I off guard. We were warned by the cab driver from the airport ride in not to venture behind the hotel. Wow. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the actual hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. No complaints about the room, comfortable beds and decent showers. It's actually not far from a little shopping center, walking distance to the target. But I wouldn't advise walking. I would say it was great but I was unprepared for the neighborhood. So just a heads up.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business