“Great Filet...great service... awesome Sommelier ”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 3,417 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Cross street: Congress Street
Description: Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse opens it's 9th location April 2011 on Boston's Liberty Wharf Seaport. Del Frisco's signature menu offers USDA Prime Beef & Fresh Seafood. We also feature a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list boasting over 1,500 selections from around the world. Our 14,000 square foot, 400 seat restaurant has a 40 seat circular bar & lounge area, 70 seat outdoor veranda, and three distinctive private dining rooms.
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The Filet was great, the service was excellent, great view of the harbor and great ambience. Steven the Sommelier was very helpful

Reviewed 16 June 2017

They have a set menu for business lunch. Start with a salad, a choice of entree: Filet Mignon, Salmon or chicken; a choice of dessert: cheesecake,or chocolate mousse. 2 side dishes: chateau mashed potatoes and plain old broccoli. The food is good and the dessert is even better.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

My co-workers loved this place so much they insisted on having our post-busy busy season celebration here 2 years in a row... I still don't understand why people are infatuated with this restaurant even after coming here again with the SO before a concert for dinner. Each time I've been lucky to be treated to a tasty gut-busting meal, however the raucous ambiance of shouting over the noise to talk over others did not appeal to me.

When I went with co-workers we had a reservation and waited for awhile at the bar as the rest of our group arrived then they seated us. The first time we sat at one of the huge round tables no where near the beautiful view we paid premium for. The second time we sat at the long high tables with one side of the table enjoying the view. Each of the times we were in the midst of all the action so I strained my vocal chords. The last time I went with my SO they ran out of room in the main dining area so they seated us in a private room that they reserve for events and we had a view of the side of the street... Anyway I was glad that the private rooms were much quieter and more intimate. I finally didn't have to shout! The downside was that I sat right under an AC vent and nearly froze. Another annoyance is the lack of cell reception at least for T-mobile inside the restaurant. I know you shouldn't exactly be glued to your phone anyway, but it's a complete dead zone unless I'm hugging the windows.

DINING (Food ordered from best to least impressive) - Overall the food was good, but not particularly memorable, which is why I don't have a blurb to say about these individually...
Filet Mignon 12 oz.
Creme Brulee
Calamari

1  Thank ratedbyhanna
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We have been to the Double Eagle in NYC and this was equivalent. It was a bit noisy. The view of the harbor and the airport would have been nicer if it hadn't been foggy!

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We visited on May 30 and we are pleased by the service. Everything else was no better than medium. Outstanding prices but medium food.

Been to Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK