6 people are viewing this hotel
$248
Expedia.com$271
Hotels.com$271
Lol.travel$299
All reviews front desk choice hotels red line t station directly across the street great hotel fitness center rooftop bar south station hotel lobby bed was comfortable public transportation southie suitcases skyline subway uber pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Terrible experience. Had booked this downtown location as it was near our office. Arrived off a long haul flight only to be told in reception that they had overbooked myself and 40 others. Deputy manager kept apologising but they clearly had no contingency in place. No effort appeared to be made to look for nearby alternatives. They had rebooked me Quincy and informed me it was approximately 20 mins away but actually was 45 mins away in traffic from my downtown required location. Leading to a 90 min daily commute for a short business trip.

Room tip: Do not trust their reservation system.
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kimberly Greene, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello BarryG1518

Our recent oversold status is understandably frustrating to you as a traveler and we want to once again apologize for the major disruption to your trip.

Due to extremely high demand for hotel rooms that week, we had no options to offer a closer hotel. We secured rooms in order to be certain our guests were taken care of, even though the location was not ideal. We are reviewing the circumstances that created this problem so we can avoid any recurrence in the future.

Once again, please accept our very sincere apologies.

Best regards

The Cambria team

Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

We had booked this hotel months ago, showed up today and they had canceled our reservation because they were over booked. We booked months ago, before they were over booked, but they canceled our reservation. What kind of reputable place does this? If you are hoping to book a hotel that will stand by what they have done, forget this place.

Room tip: Avoid this place
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear jrtodd,

Please once again accept our apologies for the necessary cancellation of your reservation. When the hotel was unexpectedly oversold, we did our best to inform guests and book an alternate hotel. We know this caused a great deal of disruption and we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Our team has reviewed this recent incident carefully and steps have been taken to avoid any recurrence going forward. With our apologies, please accept our invitation to return and let us show you the hospitality we strive to deliver.

Best regards,

The Cambria team.

Reviewed 21 May 2022

We stayed at the Cambria Hotel Boston, Downtown South Boston for one night. An Uber ride from the airport was $27. The front desk staff were very welcoming. The hotel is very modern & clean. There are several restaurants nearby & the Cambria is across the street from the Red Line T station. We walked to the Boston Common, it is about a mile.

Tip….we came in late & my husband tried to close the blinds but he couldn’t find them. Needless to say, we were awakened early the next morning when the sun came up. I looked a behind the curtain & saw a blind at the top that was plugged in to an outlet. I looked all over & found the switch for the blind by the door going in to the room.

We had drinks & wings at the hotel’s restaurant. The wings looked amazing but had a strange taste, the drinks were not very good, the service was not good either & it was very expensive.

We stayed at the Cambria for two nights at the end of our road trip. We were in room 819 & it was VERY small, nothing like the room we had 12 days ago. There was not even room to open one suitcase & we had 2 suitcases & a carry on bag since we were on a 14 day trip. There was not a luggage rack in our room but there would not have been anywhere to put it.

So, I am giving the hotel a 5 for our first stay & a 3/4 for our 2nd stay.

Date of stay: May 2022

Hi Juli K,
Thanks for your review. It's always nice to welcome a returning guest .

We are delighted that you enjoy our location near the T and the vibrant South Boston neighborhood we call home.

It's certainly not ideal to wake up to a sun filled room. From your comments, we are taking steps to better highlight the control switch that lowers the shade in certain rooms. We apologize for that oversight.

When you plan a return visit to Boston, please reach out with your room preference and we will try to offer you an ideal room for your next stay.
Thanks again for staying with us.

The Cambria team.

Reviewed 6 April 2022

It was $100 a night and I stayed for two nights with a Gilt City voucher. So, it was a descent deal. It's an attractive enough hotel, only two years old, and the staff are friendly. The large bar area looked like it was hopping. It's in a good location: one stop from South Station on the Red Line which transverses my old stomping ground. The Fox and Knife is half a block down, as are a few coffee places. Another block down is a wine shop. The gym is well enough equipped. But, its in a highway traffic triangle, so it's rather noisy. Also, the walls are thin, so I could over hear some patrons' dramas.

Date of stay: April 2022
Kimberly Greene, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2022

Hello LivDaley,

Thank you for your review of the Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown - South Boston. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive and that you found our location convenient.

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of outside noise. We will look into this matter and see how we can address this for our future guests.

Regards,

Kim

Reviewed 5 April 2022

I was a guest at Cambria Hotel, from 24-29 March 2022.
Once I arrived at the hotel, I was presented to the front desk for check-in, and I met Mr. Daivd McKeon (Assistant General Manager), who is a very kind, elegant, professional person.
I was quite happy with his distinguished hospitality.
During my stay, I realized that the front desk team, Ms. Janilce, Ms. Klei, and Ms. Gaby, are very helpful and supportive of whatever requests from the customers.
I appreciate as well the good service of the housekeeping.
The location of this hotel is quite near, either to the city center or the main Boston Convention Center.
The price for the hotel is quite reasonable compared to other hotels at the same level.
Many thanks to the front desk team of Cambria Hotel and to the housekeepers who made my stay very comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello aksattar,

Thank you for your five-star review of the Cambria Hotel Boston! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff, mentioning each of them by name. It is definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let David, Janilce, Klei and Gaby know that they made an impact during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Kim