5 people are viewing this hotel
$248
Cambria$268
Hotels.com$271
Hurb$286
All reviews front desk choice hotels red line t station directly across the street great hotel fitness center rooftop bar south station hotel lobby bed was comfortable public transportation southie suitcases skyline subway uber pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2022

I was a guest at Cambria Hotel, from 24-29 March 2022.
Once I arrived at the hotel, I was presented to the front desk for check-in, and I met Mr. Daivd McKeon (Assistant General Manager), who is a very kind, elegant, professional person.
I was quite happy with his distinguished hospitality.
During my stay, I realized that the front desk team, Ms. Janilce, Ms. Klei, and Ms. Gaby, are very helpful and supportive of whatever requests from the customers.
I appreciate as well the good service of the housekeeping.
The location of this hotel is quite near, either to the city center or the main Boston Convention Center.
The price for the hotel is quite reasonable compared to other hotels at the same level.
Many thanks to the front desk team of Cambria Hotel and to the housekeepers who made my stay very comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kimberly Greene, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2022

Hello aksattar,

Thank you for your five-star review of the Cambria Hotel Boston! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff, mentioning each of them by name. It is definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let David, Janilce, Klei and Gaby know that they made an impact during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Kim

Reviewed 17 March 2022 via mobile

We had a very mixed stay at the Cambria. Some definite pros being the location next to the T red line at Broadway and pleasant staff. Sleek looking hotel with an industrial theme to the rooms. Unfortunately we experienced some noise issues during our stay with an elevator fault and resulting loud echoing banging on the 2nd night. Shame we liked our original room (1217) well appointed and the view of the city was gorgeous.

Moved to a room with an a/c unit fault and then moved again. At the time very frustrating but overall the hotel handled it well and we’ll put this one down to “stuff happens” and lessons learnt.

Rooms have Kuerigs which is nice and the bathrooms are large with great showers. We leave the Cambria on a positive note. Nice bar/restaurant as part of the Cambria for cocktails and dinner.

Room tip: The breakfasts down the street at Amrheins Irish bar are excellent. The no 9 MBTA bus is a great link to Copley from just across the street
Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 25 November 2021 via mobile

It was excellent service all over. From the reception desk to the housekeeping, it ensured that the room was always clean and organized after coming from outside. The only reason why it isn't a five-star is that there were design features that didn't make sense, and there was a limit to the heater, so it did get cold sometimes.

Room tip: Make sure to bring your card with you at all times.
Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 8 November 2021

We stayed two nights in Boston at the Cambria. The hotel is convenient to many Boston attractions, within walking distance, and food and nightlife. Our room was very comfortable with many conveniences. The exposed concreted beams and sealing make for a mostly quiet experience. The window is huge, with an excellent skyline and view of the setting sun. There were several restaurants and coffee shops within 500 feet of the exit. We did not eat at the restaurant on site.
The staff was accommodating to meet our needs. However, we were not greeted as platinum members or offered the usual points or a gift option.
The Fitness Center is very spacious. They have dumbbells to 50, three stability balls, a jump rope, and elastic bands. They have several machines, including four peletons.

Room tip: An upper story room offers a better view of Boston.
Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank BigDaddyWied
Reviewed 1 November 2021 via mobile

Stayed at Cambria Hotel Boston from October 28th to the 31st.

When we first checked in, things were smooth. There was an attendant that helped us with luggage, and the person who checked us in was friendly although talkative.

About an hour into the stay we realized that we would need more cups and some honey since my girlfriend was feeling sick. I called downstairs and the same talkative front desk agent cut me off while I was requesting the items and said ‘You’re gonna have to come to the front desk for that. I don’t have time and I have a line.’ It was as if a guest request for items was burdening him. I understand that there was a need to cut room service off due to COVID risks, but this was something finally explained to us by a different front desk member at a later date. Maybe he was having a bad, busy and flustered time. Having worked in the hotel industry I was taught/taught staff to never make guests feel that way. Strike 1.

Housekeeping was on point. The ladies that attended our room throughout our stay made our bed immaculate and replaced all towels as needed. They were very polite. Bravo!

The hotel lobby does have an area where you can purchase snacks and beverages to take up to the room. After the second night, I noticed that they no longer had bottled water stocked in that area. On our last night’s stay at around 9pm, we made an attempt to ask the front desk agent if they had any water stocked in the back since there were still none in the snack area. It was the same front desk person who addressed our room service request from the first night of our stay. No eye contact, no words…just shook his head and turned away as if even us just asking offended him. Strike 2.

All other areas that the hotel had to offer was very good. We didn’t drive into Boston so I can’t give an assessment on their parking services or lack thereof (based on previous reviews that the hotel received). The rest of the front desk staff were attentive and efficient especially during check out. Bellmen and housekeeping were all great. The only two critiques I can give to Cambria Boston is please keep your water stocked and please offer that one front desk agent more customer service training. His attitude was enough to sour our taste enough to blemish what otherwise would have been a great stay.

Room tip: Stock your own snacks/drinks purchased elsewhere.
Date of stay: October 2021