6 people are viewing this hotel
$248
Expedia.com$271
Hotels.com$271
Lol.travel$300
All reviews front desk choice hotels red line t station directly across the street great hotel fitness center rooftop bar south station hotel lobby bed was comfortable public transportation southie suitcases skyline subway uber pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2021 via mobile

Stayed at Cambria Hotel Boston from October 28th to the 31st.

When we first checked in, things were smooth. There was an attendant that helped us with luggage, and the person who checked us in was friendly although talkative.

About an hour into the stay we realized that we would need more cups and some honey since my girlfriend was feeling sick. I called downstairs and the same talkative front desk agent cut me off while I was requesting the items and said ‘You’re gonna have to come to the front desk for that. I don’t have time and I have a line.’ It was as if a guest request for items was burdening him. I understand that there was a need to cut room service off due to COVID risks, but this was something finally explained to us by a different front desk member at a later date. Maybe he was having a bad, busy and flustered time. Having worked in the hotel industry I was taught/taught staff to never make guests feel that way. Strike 1.

Housekeeping was on point. The ladies that attended our room throughout our stay made our bed immaculate and replaced all towels as needed. They were very polite. Bravo!

The hotel lobby does have an area where you can purchase snacks and beverages to take up to the room. After the second night, I noticed that they no longer had bottled water stocked in that area. On our last night’s stay at around 9pm, we made an attempt to ask the front desk agent if they had any water stocked in the back since there were still none in the snack area. It was the same front desk person who addressed our room service request from the first night of our stay. No eye contact, no words…just shook his head and turned away as if even us just asking offended him. Strike 2.

All other areas that the hotel had to offer was very good. We didn’t drive into Boston so I can’t give an assessment on their parking services or lack thereof (based on previous reviews that the hotel received). The rest of the front desk staff were attentive and efficient especially during check out. Bellmen and housekeeping were all great. The only two critiques I can give to Cambria Boston is please keep your water stocked and please offer that one front desk agent more customer service training. His attitude was enough to sour our taste enough to blemish what otherwise would have been a great stay.

Room tip: Stock your own snacks/drinks purchased elsewhere.
Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 5 October 2021 via mobile

One person at the front desk is all we ever saw. She was friendly but not knowledgeable. The Wifi offered here has no security, and I was unable to get online. This is a basic requirement I expect, along with a clean room, coffee, and a hairdryer. There was a very odd, unpleasant smell I encountered upon entering the room. I will never stay here again at $300/night and $50 to valet park our car.

Date of stay: October 2021
2  Thank Gun G
Reviewed 15 September 2021

I know its not the smartest thing to do, but I had left money in car when checked in by Valet at hotel. When they brought car back I immediately noticed someone had gone through the center console and all the money was gone. I immediately went in to who I thought was a manager and told him what happened. They said they would look into it and get back to us.... I could tell they didn't give a SH*#*

Never heard from them. You can tell a lot about a hotel when something like this happens... Beware!!

Room tip: Beware and keep your valuables close
Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank Tom G
Kimberly Greene, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2021

Hi Tom,

Thank you for staying at the Cambria Hotel Boston. I am so very disappointed to hear about your experience with our valet team. I apologize, unfortunately this is the first I am hearing of your situation. I would like to know more, so that I may work with our Valet operator to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Please email me with a phone number or email address so that I may discuss your issues personally.

Regards,
kgreene@cambriaboston.com

Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

Loved our stay. Standard rooms are smaller but my view was awesome. My son had a room adapted for wheelchair access ... larger and well designed. Only two blocks from Arnheims for breakfast. Yum. A block away is Purple Shell, fantastic Asian fusion, sushi, sashimi with stunning presentation.

We took the free Silver Line bus from the airport to So. Station and walked a mile to the hotel, along the beautiful south Harbor Walk. The subway is across the street, but we used Uber to get everywhere ($15-18 with tip).

Only two blocks from the hotel is a gas station where we picked up snacks at a reasonable price. There are other restaurants in walking distance and the neighborhood felt safe.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank GoGirlMinnesota

Dear GoGirlMinnesota,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room and the design of the hotel. It sounds like you were able to really take advantage of our location to experience all that Southie and Boston have to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were visiting from Seattle and picked this hotel because the had parking advertised online. Upon arriving at the hotel we were informed it would cost $75 a night to park at the hotel. We ended up finding on street parking for free, but still felt pretty mislead.

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank DavidTDesiderio
Kimberly Greene, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Boston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Dear David,

Thank you for staying with us a few weeks ago. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the parking charge. As a downtown hotel, space is at a premium and our hotel does not have a garage attached. The only parking for guests provided by the hotel is valet parking, and we do list the charges on our website.

Street parking can be an alternative, but often times the street parking is limited to vehicles with resident stickers only. To avoid a potential ticket or tow of a guest vehicle, we do not list street parking as an option.

I am glad you were able to locate a spot and hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Best regards,