“Amazingly delicious bakery in West Roxbury, MA”
Review of Sugar Bakery

Sugar Bakery
Ranked #20 of 149 Bakeries in Boston
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Neighbourhood: West Roxbury / Hyde Park / Roslindale
Neighbourhood: West Roxbury / Hyde Park / Roslindale
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have been loyal customers of Sugar Bakery for several years. From their jam-filled sugar cookie "pockets" (which they call "brambles") to their luscious pastries, tarts and super-moist layer cakes, we've never had anything of theirs that wasn't scrumptious. The staff is lovely and accommodating, especially considering that this small bakery is usually filled with customers. We've ordered several birthday cakes and all of them have been big hits. Highly recommended!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Many of the cookies here are what I call "white bread" but I give Sugar 5 stars for their almond macaroons. They have this one variety that's lemon frosted and oozing with such almondy goodness that it will make you cry. The mouthfeel of the soft buttery filling is a sensual delight. I don't ever want to know how many calories are in one of these things, especially since I just ate two of them.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I live in the neighborhood and go only to Sugar Bakery for pastries. To my surprise, on occasion one can find 'sfogliatelle', which is a Neopolitan pastry made with crunchy flaky pastry and a filling of ricotta and orange peel. Having lived in Italy for many years I can vouch for its authenticity. Simply delicious, as are all of their pastries and cakes!

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious, moist and pretty dolka dot cake from this bakery several months ago. I returned to try an eclair. It was delicious. The help is very pleasant. There's a neighborhood feel, here - families and worker bees popping by. Tables and chairs available. Near Boomerangs if you like thrift shops!

Reviewed 3 June 2016

If you're in need of a cupcake for a birthday (or just one for yourself...), christmas cookies, or a raspberry lime rickey, this is your place. It's a pretty classic New England bakery in their selection (lobster claws etc.) and it's really, really good. Everything I've had is fresh and delicious!

Been to Sugar Bakery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK