“5 Star Service”

Mandarin Oriental, Boston
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Our room was nice, the spa relaxing and the location was excellent but what really makes this a 5-star hotel is the service. Everyone from housekeeping and room service to the front desk and concierge showed professionalism and a real desire to be helpful. The only drawback was that our bed was a little soft for my taste.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

First time in ages that I've stayed in a hotel where the service was truly faultless. lots of people remembering your name. Real smiles not plastic ones. Nice rooms. Great food and unlike many hotels not overpriced if anything it appeared under priced. Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife and I stayed in a spa floor room, with hardwood floors. Just fantastic. The service on all levels at this hotel is at the top of it's class. Perfect location on Newbury Street. Would recommend this place time and time again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nevels2000
Reviewed 4 March 2012

When I called MO in Boston and told the front desk I would have a late arrival from California (11PM),
she graciously asked if there was anything she could do upon my arrival. Jokingly, I said “yes, I would love some room service - 2 scoops ice cream. MO is know for bringing each guest their yummy tea. To my surprise, and delight, the kitchen staff sent not just the tea, however brought me THREE scoops of ice cream with a flower on the tray and a big welcoming smile on behalf of the server and the staff!!
I was so blown away because my conversation with the front desk had been over a week before my arrival!
I continue to tell this story, and most of all, I continue to get that special attention throughout during my frequent returns to Boston.
Laurie M
San Diego, Ca

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed 28 February 2012

After spending some time looking for a place to live in Boston I decided to treat myself. I also loved the atmosphere of welcoming as soon as you arrive, the front desk and doorman and all the staff. I throughly enjoyed my experience , my room, the spa and the location. So glad I treated myself ! I love hotels where you feel something when you walk in the lobby and not just have a room. So few places realize what a little consistent friendliness can do for a hotel . They have it right!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business