“Great theater district hotel”

Hyatt Regency Boston
Ranked #33 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I'm a Boston resident born and raised, however I stay at a local hotel at three times a year. It's a nice change of pace. I recently stayed at the Hyatt on a Saturday night. We had tickets to a comedy show at the Wilbur Theater and we figured we'd make a night out of it and stay somewhere close by. Hyatt was a 3 minute walk to the Wilbur Theater. We had dinner in the theater district. Woke up Sunday morning and walked over the Lowes AMC and caught a matinee. The location really is unbelievably convenient to pretty much everything in the downtown area. I found the lobby/reception area to be quite modern and cool. Checked in with the front desk and used my iphone to check out. Could not have been more simple. One thing I did forget to do was ask the front desk about the pillows - they are DIVINE! I need them for my home.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Charles F, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

It’s always good to hear from our fellow Bostonians and we are glad to hear that you had a truly enjoyable experience. We pride our selves on our location, and being near the Theater and Financial districts has its benefits that we love to pass on to our guests! For your next visit we encourage you to check in with our wonderful concierge staff about some of the other exciting things to do in our fair city. We can’t wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Very nice accommodation, Downtown Boston. Very close to subway and many good restaurants. Good starting point for visiting the city.

I went there in February 2013 to spend 4 nights with my partner. The staff at this hotel was pleasant and helpful. Our stay was very romantic and enjoyable! We ordered room service breakfast one morning and it was DELICIOUS!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I've recently stayed in this hotel for buisness. usually I prefer to stay outside of Boston and to take a car in, however, this was impossible due to meetings.
When I arrived the staff were very attentive, always helpful (from the the attentive porters to the front desk personnel and housekeeping as well). However, I did have two issues with it - the first was the fact that getting around the hotel is a bit tricky, the multiple elevators you need to take to get to the exit and the loby could leave you feeling a bit disoriented (especially if you have 10 minutes between meetings and you want to relax in your room at that time). The second was that the room had the feel of an old room, i.e. a room that hasn't been renovated for some time. For a hotel that presumes to be more than that (especially from the way that the loby is decorated) - that was a dissapointment. as I wasn't the one paying for the room - I can't tell you if it is good value for money. I can tell you, however, that I think that I would consider different hotels in Boston before coming to this Hyatt again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank frizB23
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My boyfriend and I definitely enjoyed our visit to the Hyatt. Everything was wonderful. Staff was very kind and very friendly, room was gorgeous and it was within walking distance of everything we wanted to see in Boston. The only complaint we have is the pillows - very orthopaedic but not meant for a cozy sleep. So if you have room, pack your pillow.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We only stayed one night and got in pretty late, so I can't comment on the service. A check in, service was great. The lobby was really fancy and had a very different feel than the rest of the hotel. Our room was fine, oddly few (and small) pillow for a king bed. The bathroom was in need of refurbishment. It was clear that they added a few things to make it appear nicer, like a granite counter, but overall it was tired looking.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple