4,394 results
All reviewsgreat locationdowntown crossingstreet levelthe theater districtfreedom trailsouth stationstate houseguest roomsparking garagecorner roomfitness centerfaneuil hallquincy marketfew blocksking bedhotel restaurantnorth end
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Although I've stayed here before a few times in the last 15 years (even when it was suissehotel), I don't remember the hotel being so nicely refurbished. They're still doing some construction in the lobby. Room is great. Great linens and furniture. Very clean. Entrance a little strange with lobby on 3rd level but its been like that forever. Front desk (Lisa) and room service staff very friendly. Reasonable rate this trip but Boston hotels vary greatly depending on date. (Probably why I haven't stayed here recently--usually costs more $$)

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank LandlockedNoVA
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back very soon when our renovation is complete!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Overall, the hotel and staff were terrific. We enjoyed our stay and couldn't have been happier. We especially enjoyed the concierge staff. My partner and I were craving a nice, romantic dinner out on the town, and they were happy to point us to a number of locations that fit our requests perfectly.

I should note that we stayed for a convention at BECC, which is extremely close to the hotel. The hotel partnered with the venue and transportation to/from was extremely simple.

As far as the hotel grounds, it is well-kept and clean. The room was comfortable, clean and crisp with no issues present. Arriving to the hotel via car can be a bit confusing as their is no visible "pull-off" from the street. You have to pull into the parking garage entrance, in which you will find an unloading zone and valet service. The food and morning buffet, while overpriced ($22.00 per-person for buffet), were plentiful and of great quality. The staff for the hotel are very friendly, accommodating and respectful.

Overall, I would absolutely return to the hotel.

The Negative: Our only negative experience was the construction in the lobby. While it wasn't noisy, it was a let-down that there was no information pertaining to the construction prior to our arrival, or on the website (at the time). The lobby was restricted, and black curtains hung to hide any construction. While this was only a minor issue, we were upset that there was no warning. We generally enjoy socializing in the lobby and would have stayed a the nearest Hyatt rather than this one. I will, however, state that this did not impact our sleep, the room or the service.

Room Tip: High floor was extremely quiet. Remember, it is a city.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jrace844
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have no doubt that the renovations were due, and once completed, this should be a terrific place to stay. but i would recommend waiting the next few months, and confirm it is all done. Location is truly great, and is a reasonable value for that sort of spot. next year, should be a good place to be again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, excellent location. Walking distance to most attractions and shopping.
Hotel staff great, rooms clean, bathrooms on the small side. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2012

There are really only 4 things that matter to me when it comes to a hotel and this one gets an A+ in 3 of those categories: staff, location and cleanliness. I have stayed in dozens of hotels in about 20 countries and I must say the staff at this Hyatt was just about the best. Attentive to every detail, friendly... it almost felt like we were staying with family.

The location is near perfect. Its a short walk to the Boston Commons and Gardens, Faneuil Hall, the North End and many other attactions. Not in the mood to walk? The red, green and orange lines are all just a short stroll away.

The room itself was a mix of good and bad. Our view from the 19th floor was very nice and the room itself was clean. The only problem is the hotel felt a bit dated. Remodeling was underway while we were there so I could easily see this hotel moving up to 5/5 in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family