4,432 results
All reviews great location downtown crossing street level the theater district freedom trail south station state house guest rooms parking garage corner room fitness center faneuil hall quincy market few blocks king bed hotel restaurant north end
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed here for one night when I couldn't extend my stay at the Westin Copley Place. I thought it would be nice to try a hotel in a different part of the city.

The service was adequate but the hotel itself is dark and old and in desperate need of a renovation. The decor is outdated and the furniture needed replacing. On the upside the room was clean and had a comfortable bed.

There are better 4-star properties in Boston. Maybe I would consider staying here if the hotel is updated.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TOTravelerEJ
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Great location and terrific staff. We had a late arrival and were graciously accommodated.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. It's always great to hear that our associates were able to make your stay more enjoyable and accommodate your needs. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Close to Boston Common and near Macy's plus the subway - so great location. Okay the double lobby/lift arrangement is annoying but it's a minor thing. Attentive staff. We had a nice room on 12th Floor. Very quiet at night - despite on a couple of occassions us passing kids who had been left by their parents to run unsupervised around the hotel core and corridors earlier in the day. Rooms are good and reasonable views. As ever hate the petty attempts by big hotel chains to charge for in room wifi - but if you dont want to pay on principle then you can get 20 mins free log in down in the lobby or most coffee houses nearby. Overall good value for money booking via Hotwire

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My family and I stayed here several times. I love the location - close to the T stop in Boston Commons, near China town and walking distance to many restaurants and shops. There is a wonderful large movie theater right nearby and a Starbucks, too.
The rooms are very clean and updated and the staff has been very helpful.
If you feel like splurging on a great breakfast, the buffet can't be beat. Eggs and pancakes cooked to order, fresh fruit and juice, breads and muffins, etc. The only thing that would make it better would be fresh squeezed juice.
I use the fitness center every time I am here. Plenty of treadmills and ellipticals and a decent sized weights area. They even have earphones to use in order to watch the tv that is on each cardio machine. The pool was being renovated last time I was here - I look forward to seeing the improvements.
Renovations are ongoing right now in the lobby area, but it did not inconvenience us at all.
All in all, an excellent hotel to base at for a Boston visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bhappy50

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. It's always great to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and the breakfast buffet. Our Chef works hard and I will make sure to share these comments with him. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for several nights this past week. It was our first time to Boston. While we enjoyed the city immensely, our experience at the Hyatt Regency was not the highlight of our trip. The first thing I noticed was a funny smell in the air. I read a tripadvisor review before leaving in which someone complained about the air freshener the hotel pumps thru the system and it made her ill. I thought perhaps she was someone with extreme allergies or sensitivities..however, I am normally tolerant of scents but this air freshener is simply overpowering and unnecessary...it permeates every room in this hotel and after a while, makes your stomach turn. I do not understand why they think this is customer-friendly??? I would rather smell mould or whatever it is they are trying to mask.

Also very annoying is the lay out - you have to go thru two lobbies and two separate elevators to get to your room. The restaurant is currently under construction so not much to look at right now (I do understand that they are renovating but still disappointing). Also, their pool is currently not operational....they offered to let us use another hotel's pool....it is February in Boston....I would never walk over to another hotel after swimming, all wet. Just not appealing at all.....we were really looking forward to soaking in a hot tub at night....especially after long days of bike and walk tours.

Also very annoying is the fact that they charge you extra for the wireless internet and you can only use one device at a time (which meant my boyfriend and I could not be on our laptops at the same time to use the internet for work purposes). They said this was just "policy". Also, there was no fridge available to store our food...we were there for several days so this was very inconvenient. The only fridge available was the bar fridge, which if opened, meant our account was charged for any food taken from it, as well as a "cleaning fee".

The conceirge, while pleasant, directed us to one of his favorite seafood restaurants in Boston on our first night. It was awful!!!! No ambience, elevator music blaring, and I was sick all night from some sort of food poisoning. We no longer asked the conceirge for help...

The rooms were clean and decent though perhaps could use some upgrading. The view is not good right now as there is a huge construction project going on across from the hotel. And in the morning you wake up to the sound of drills in the concrete........

While some of these issues will be resolved once renos and construction are completed, I still will not return. The other little things (smell, internet, two lobbies, etc..) were enough to turn me off good. It bills itself as a 4 star which is very misleading. It is at best a 3 star.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cher100
Charles F, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Boston. We are very sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are currently going through a renovation and this will enhance our lobby, meeting space, and Avenue One Lounge so that your next stay will be more enjoyable. Avenue One restaurant is still open during renovation and we do offer 24-hour in room dining for your convenience. Our renovation will be done soon and we hope that you will give us another chance to meet your expectations.
Hyatt strives on customer service and we do sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to email me at quality.bosto@hyatt.com.