3 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$367
Travelocity$367
Traveluro$410
All reviews bay window la voile great location small hotel the hynes convention center restaurants and shops boutique hotel room was clean and comfortable street noise walking distance fenway park walked everywhere king room definitely stay here again front desk staff boston commons beacon hill
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2022

Two stars for the staff on site when we arrive late. However, the place is old and has very thin walls that you can hear everyone passing by outside your door. What makes our stay a nightmare is that our room sits right next to the elevator shaft where we heard non stop noise throughout the night. It sounded like the whole room is shattering and shaking every time someone got into the elevator. According to observation, there are at least 6 rooms that sit next to the elevator so be mindful, you are very likely to end in one of them. Also when I mentioned it the lady at front desk says she’ll let owner know, but not hearing anything ever since.

Date of stay: May 2022
1  Thank Jojojooo93
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Newbury Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear guest,

We appreciate your feedback. We strive to make every stay as pleasant as possible. As for our building it is a brownstone that is over a hundred years old. While we do love the charm of the building, there are inconveniences that occasionally arise. Most of the guests that have stayed with us enjoy the charm that this property has to offer as reflected in other reviews. Thank you again for your candid feedback. We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Management

Reviewed 15 May 2022

I love this hotel. Pretty, immaculate, great location, very fine staff. Many restaurants on Newbury St, interesting old deli on the corner, CVS across the street. Tip: if you might need help carrying your luggage up front stairs, ask hotel for address of back entrance ramp.

Date of stay: April 2022

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for the kind review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as some of the great amenities on Newbury Street. Great tip about luggage. Our Front Desk agents would also be happy to help with any heavy bags!

Reviewed 4 May 2022

I found this place in May 2020. My daughter goes to Berklee College of Music and the location to her is just perfect. It's right across the alley from one of the dorms and 4 blocks from 150 Mass Ave.
I love that it's located right on Newbury Street and the welcoming vibe of all the staff.

Date of stay: May 2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! We're so glad you've enjoyed our convenient location to Berklee and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2022

I chose this hotel because of its convenient location to my alma mater where I had a weekend event. From the second I walked up the brownstone steps and through their doors I was completely charmed. The staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. My single room was cozy (small) to be sure but nonetheless comfortable and immaculate. There is a wonderful looking French restaurant and bar attached to the hotel and there are some amazing spots on the same block, including my new favorite bakery / coffee cafe where I had an incredible breakfast outside, under the flowering cherry blossoms. I will absolutely stay here again the next time I’m in Boston.

Date of stay: April 2022

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for the kind review. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as some of the beautiful sites on Newbury Street. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!

Reviewed 30 April 2022

Fantastic location! Within walking distance to shops, one of a kind restaurants, and sights to see. Bed was comfortable, modern and clean bathroom. Service was top notch and even had a nice large umbrella to borrow. I loved how walkable this location was to everything and I can't wait to go back for a longer stay. I was only there for one night and enjoyed eating at Joe's and also had an amazing Italian ice at Amorino's Boston (just a couple doors down from the Newbery Guest House. Eataly, an Italian market, in the Prudential Center is a must see and experience as well--I had a fantastic pastry from here for breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Newbury Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2022

We're so happy that our hotel was the perfect location for exploring Boston. Please come again soon!