Hilton Boston Back Bay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 389
US$ 180
US$ 398
US$ 316
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$ 276
US$ 349
US$ 277
Agoda.com
3,044 results
All reviewsdiamond loungeprudential centergreat locationfenway parkcorner roomdiamond memberboylston streetcharles rivernewbury stbusiness centerred sox gamegreen lineparking garagefreedom traildaltonlobbystarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The Hilton Boston Back bay was booked for my trip to Boston with my boyfriend, quite simply as it was one of the best value hotels in Boston, everywhere in the centre was very expensive so took a chance and booked the Hilton.
Getting to the Hilton was ok, travel from Logan airport by way of a shuttle bus and subway and a ten minute walk through a set of shopping malls. On arrival the reception staff member was very helpful and there was a room ready for us, she even gave the choice of two doubles or a king size bed room. She also recommended the nearby street for plenty of bars, restaurants and places to eat which is where we spent most of evenings, we had booked for 5 nights.
The room itself was big and spacious, decent size bathroom, wardrobe space and an internal space, bed was very comfy. View wasnt great but got a glimpse of Fenway park.
Back bay is around ten to fifteen mins walk away from sub station through outdoor streets or malls, the famous Cheers bar is also within a fifteen min walk.
Hotel stfff were all very helpful, the gym and pool were decent and made use of both on more than one ocassion, also very nice in design was the hotel bar, not too pricey for beer or food which was very nice.
The main centre, Fenuile hall and surrounding streets, financial district were not far away about $15 in a taxi which we ventured to for an evening, a nice and different change. The local hop on hop off bus also stopped right opposite the hotel which was perfect for sightseeing and shopping. Would definately stay in this hotel again the area is excellent, some high range shops, plenty of bars and some lovely coffee houses. Very close to Berklee college of music so full of student life. Fenway Park tour is a must, very enjoyable and only £7 with a discount coupon from the sightseeing bus, good way to spend an hour or so.

Room Tip: Ask for high up room to get best views, Fenway Park facing.
1  Thank cazzaj81
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that you has a fantastic stay in Boston our Team Members took such good care of you. I am also glad to hear that you found the amenities and location of our property to your liking. Hope to see you return on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

My title is because all of the reviews seem so nice, and we have stayed here once before and had a wonderful experience....but this one was horrible.
We used HH GOLD points (did I mention GOLD!!!!) and were still put in a room that was on the back side of the elevator so all we heared all night was the elevator going up and down. After our first day I asked the man at the front desk to have someone go up to our room and clean the mold on the ceiling of the shower.....still not done by the second day so the front desk clerk comped our parking (thank you!!!)......still doesn't stop me from wondering if the mold will be cleaned for the next people. :(

All under the bathroom sink was falling off.....honestly? Without getting into it? I work at a hotel and know that we were in a "last sell" room and in my honest opinion? This room should be set out of order.

Housekeeping? Fine, but after our first night we had a fitful night of sleep (due to elevator noise) and the next night none of the bottom sheets had been re-tucked, so between that and the elevator (did I mention you can't set the heat lower than 68 and if you open the 4" of window all you hear is horns and brakes?) the next night of sleep was even worse. We woke up wrapped in sheets that had never been tucked, had to keep adding water to the "gourmet" coffee maker (a little at a time to get the balance of each cup right) by running back and forth to the bathroom and were just happy our room was a landing place.

I know that all I am paying for is a place to lay my head, and even I accept this sometimes, but to have wasted hundreds of thousands of points for a subpar experience makes us sad. I'm happy the thousand we spent in Boston's economy between Sox and B's games and all of the meals in between (many spent next door at the Sheraton!) will give to the tax base, I just wish I had spent a couple hundred more to go into a better hotel and not wasted my points.

<sigh> next time....next time.

Room Tip: BEG for a non-elevator room! Not only do you get the sound of the elevator, but the walls are thin so when your neighbor wakes up and begins to flush or shower it will definitely wake you up.
3  Thank Feffie N
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Hilton Boston Back Bay. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness and noise levels of your guest room and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this area is of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

After our long journey from Australia it was lovely to arrive, have a quick check-in and collapse in our very clean, comfy room with nice views. The large Prudential mall is right next door and a number of food shops and delis are in the surrounding streets. Although this hotel is not in the CBD it's only a 15 minute stroll to the Boston Common and there are also two subway train stations nearby. The local streets are fairly quiet so it's easy to get a good rest. It's also an easy walk to local parks and the river and the eclectic Newbury street, just around the corner is full of restaurants and shops. If your coming for a conference at the Convention centre this is the place to stay.

we also caught the train from Boston to New York (starting at Back Bay station) and it was excellent

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels...

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed in one of the Deluxe Rooms with panoramic view. Usually the views are not quite as spectacular as advertised, this was an exception. We had a great view over back bay, First Church, and Fenway. The room was well appointed and felt more like a small apartment than a Boston hotel room - they can be very small. The only negative with this hotel is the slow elevators. Just across the street is the Sheraton with an entrance to Prudential Plaza and Copley Place. A short walk to Wholefoods, Newbury street and Copley Square. I have stayed at the Sheraton numerous times, I think I will be returning to the Hilton next time I'm in Boston.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that you found the amenities and location of our property to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at this property for 3 nights in April 2012 for a convention. I loved the close proximity to The Prudential Center Complex (right across the street where the Hynes Convention Center is located), Fenway Park, and the Charles River, which are in short walking distance.

The property itself seems to be well maintained and the staff was friendly and helpful when I asked for directions or information about landmarks and destinations in the area.

The room I had was spacious and with a large flat screen TV. I was also on the 24th floor which afforded a great view of the city. The beds were comfy and I had no problems with the initial cleanliness of the room or how it was maintained.

There were some noise issues that were bothersome, the toilet flushing was extremely loud and I could hear toilets flushing in the rooms surrounding mine. There also wasn't great insulation from hallway noise. Additionally the air conditioning unit was frighteningly loud. The unit turned on almost explosively and I was startled and jumped every time it cycled on. These annoyances were very disruptive when I was trying to go to sleep.

The things I hated about staying here was the parking rate (an exorbitant $41 per night) and the internet policy (in room internet $14.95 PER DEVICE). If you must charge for in room internet, why charge the fee per device? The charge should be per room regardless as to the number of devices you use while in your room. Hilton, that's just greedy!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of our hotel to your satisfaction. I understand that the price of parking and internet was a concern, we try to stay competitive in our prices and make sure that our prices are in-line with other hotels in the area. However it is feedback and reviews like yours that will help us to make improvements in the future. Once again thank you for review.

Hilton Boston Bay Bay