“Very Nice”

Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Newnan, Georgia
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

An amazing bed combined with a magnificent decor, great customer service, perfect location makes the Eliot one of my preferred hotels. I had one little problem as I was charged for something I did not consume, but they took care of it and adjusted my check.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Spencertown, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Eliot for our anniversary. We arrived Easter evening. The staff was helpful, polite and professional...and you get a real key! Our suite was newly updated, everything immaculate. The location was convenient for everything we wanted to do. Parking was handled by valets as the parking situation in Boston seems to be impossible. I highly recommend the Eliot.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 23 April 2012

From the moment I checked in, I was disappointed in this hotel. Although they gave me a lovely suite, the decor looked like it came out of the 19th century. But this review isn't about the decor. It's about all the problems I had with the little things. LIke trying to get a coffee maker, which I finally did (with much effort), but no coffee. Then I finally got the coffee, but no milk or powdered creamer. Then I tried to get a shower cap. That was a separate trip from housekeeping. Then the bathroom sink backed up when I washed my face, and I had to wait 10 minutes for it to drain so that I could brush my teeth. But the worst was the bed -- way too soft and very uncomfortable (and so bad for your back). For a hotel that bills itself as a luxury boutique, I would rather stay at the Back Bay Sheraton or the Hilton for less money and a more professional experience. #fail

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank newdeb
jrmp, Assistant General Manager at Eliot Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
I want to acknowledge appreciation that this guest has taken time to relate the perceptions of her stay at the Eliot Hotel. Even though our hotel is dedicated to providing personalized service, there are times when a guest’s expectations are so divergent from what the hotel offers that a satisfactory outcome is extremely difficult to obtain. I wish to inform the Trip Advisor readership that the hotel’s mission and commitment to superlative accommodations and service remains unchanged.
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Uncomfortable beds, outdated decor, and run-down rooms. This hotel used to be luxurious, and a great spot in Boston, but really needs some renovation. I'm not quite sure if it's the new management that has caused the Eliot's unfortunate demise or not, but something needs to be done. Will not return unless they renovate... In the meantime the hotel should consider significantly lowering their high prices!
Ridiculously overpriced breakfast as well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
jrmp, Assistant General Manager at Eliot Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
I wish to thank this guest for writing a review about the Eliot Hotel. Unfortunately, the primary statements made by this guest are inaccurate and could be misleading to the Trip Advisor readership. I strongly recommend reviewing numerous prior reviews to place this review in context. The guest states that the hotel's rooms are "run-down," offer "outdated decor," and are in need of renovation. The hotel, however, is a four-diamond property that makes the impeccable maintenance of its rooms a priority. Furthermore, the hotel is, most definitely, fully renovated. The hotel's suites and rooms are a thoughtful expression of the owner's vision who works in concert with a nationally recognized designer to bring her design into realization. Our many repeat guests return precisely because of the wonderful combination of comfort and high-end design our rooms and suites provide. Perhaps a review from a stay that occurred eight months previously is more subject to misjudgment. Nevertheless, I welcome this guest to contact me directly when returning to Boston. We will be delighted to ensure the perceptions experienced will be different than those shared in this current review.
Leeds
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at the Eliot Hotel for 6 days and had a great time. The hotel was very clean, with polite and helpful staff. The two joining room we booked were great with all the faclities you'd expect of a proper boutique hotel. We would strongly recommend this hotel to people coming to Boston as the whole experience was excellent. We only wish we'd stayed a few more days.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family