2,004 results
All reviewsharvard squarejazz clubcharles riverharvard business schooldouble treewarm cookiesmurphy bedwhole foodsliving roommass pikeshuttle serviceriver viewshuttle buscomplimentary shuttlepull out couchrooftop barking suite
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stayed at this DoubleTree as part of a wedding party. The discounted price was outstanding, but the regular price would have been average. Rooms were huge, with large sitting areas. The refrigerator and microwave were appreciated. Beds were on the hard side, but comfortable. The hotel was in a beautiful location, but was a significant distance from many Boston/Cambridge attractions.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Andres G, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you for your most recent stay and for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was happy to read that your stay with us was comfortable and that we were able to accommodate you in the best way possible.

Should your travels ever take you back to Boston, we will be honored to welcome you back

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My family stayed for the weekend of July 27th and 28th. I went to the Fusion Bar after the kids went to sleep, and I was charged $38 for a single pour of Hillrock Bourbon before taxes and gratuity. Hillrock Bourbon costs under $100 for a bottle (retail), and I have order it hundreds of times and the price is under $20 for a pour. They did not even have it listed on the cocktail menu, then one gets sticker shock when the bill comes. I do not understand why the hotel would overcharge their customers? I definitely did not go back to Fusion bar again! Also, I was charged $45 for parking. I do not understand why the hotel would overcharge their customers? I hope management realizes that If they overcharged their customers, then they will not come back. The hotel advertises king size beds, but the bed in our room was not a king size bed. I am a big guy, and my wife and I need a king size bed. When we complained about the fact the bed is not a king size bed, we were told that it is a commercial king bed. (I have no idea what that means. I think the hotel just made that up.) Why advertise a king size bed, if it is in fact less than a king bed? Finally, the windows have no sound proofing. The hotel is right next to the street, so you hear noise from the street at all hours of the night. So between a bed that was too small, and the sound from the street right outside our room, my wife and I slept terribly. Finally, there is a sign in the room that read if something is not right let us know, and we will make it right. I let the hotel know of everything I stated in this review prior to posting it. I contacted the hotel through their website, they replied stating, "Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience with the Doubletree Guest Suites Boston. We really appreciate hearing all feedback about our hotels and will be sure to pass it along to the hotel management team. " They did nothing. A single sentence reply. The sign in the room is meaningless.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank robert g
Andres G, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My sister and I truly needed a weekend away after both of us working nonstop and losing our dad in the spring. I decided we should head back to Boston. We love Fenway, even as Yankee fans, and hadn't seen the Cambridge area or the Charles.

We were pleasantly surprised to find how easy it was to get to the hotel when we arrived, just off I-90. Parking was also easy and although we arrived 50 minutes before check in, the front desk staff were kind enough to check on our room and made sure we had cold waters and warm cookies while we waited just 5 short minutes.

We had a lovely 9th floor king suite with a separate living room and it was nice and cool. We will suggest requesting a room on a higher floor as the noise can travel. We were fine on the 9th. Beautiful view, newly renovated, clean, comfy bed, spacious and many amenities.

The highlight was within 10 minutes of check-in when Derek, the manager, surprised us with a delicious fruit plate. With it, a note... he had remembered my note that it was a special weekend for my sister and I. He had sent the gift with a note of condolences over the loss of our father. Truly sweet.

We went to the Sox vs. Yankees at Fenway... although the Yanks lost, we truly loved walking to the game (2ish miles, not bad) and easily grabbing an Uber after enjoying Wahlburger's after the game.

The next day we could've taken the free shuttle to Harvard Square, but decided to walk along the Charles River again. So beautiful.

That night, we caught the end of the game at the hotel bar where the bartender was so kind. My sister's 40th birthday is coming up, another reason for the trip... when she heard, she comped our slice of cheesecake. Again, very kind.

Before leaving, we made sure to fill out the survey card and leave a tip for the hard working cleaning staff. So important... please remember to tip!

We WILL be back! Can't wait!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Andres G, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Heather V,

Thank you very much for your most recent stay and for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is indeed with great pleasure that I read that you had a great stay with us and that we were able to accommodate you in the best way possible and also that our team was able to make you and your sister's get-away a memorable one.

We will be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Overall experience hotel was OK but not great, the staff seem to be friendly but difficult to get to do to construction and traffic in our room will not cool down to the desired temperature maintenance came in and did a little other than bypass a few steps never followed up like they indicated they would disappointing

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew L

Dear MatthewL,

Thank you for your most recent stay and for taking the time to review our property.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience experienced with the temperature in your room. Please be rest assure that your comments have now been shared with our engineering department to ensure your future stays with us are flawless and one to remember.

We will be happy to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

The suites are spacious, clean, and comfortable. Location near Harvard is nice and right on the river and trails for running/biking and also easy access to downtown Boston. Whole Foods and Trader Joe's nearby which was convenient, especially for a longer stay. My only complaint is the noise drifting up from the Atrium and the second floor. The hallways for the rooms are open to an Atrium with a bar and meetings rooms just below. I was trying to work at the desk in my room and the noise was extremely distracting. Could hear it occasionally at night as well.

Room Tip: as high as possible so noise from 2nd floor bar and meeting rooms is not audible
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mountainclimber2014

Dear mountainclimber2014,

It is with pleasure that I read that you enjoyed your time with us and that the location of our property was convenient for you as well.

We will be happy to welcome you back in the future.