“Worst stay ever”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Franklin, Tennessee
“Worst stay ever”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Let me begin by saying that the hotel is in a great location and if the night had gone differently the review would be much better. Our stay was ruined by the fact that our room was above the night club downstairs. For the entire evening all we could hear was the thumping of the base from the music. I always sleep with earplugs, but even they were not enough. My husband went down to the desk at 1am to complain and was offered a free breakfast for our inconvience. As if food could make up for the lack of sleep. There was no mention of a room change. The music continued at least until 4am. The next morning when we were to check out, my husband complained again to the gentleman now at the desk. He said they were supposed to have mentioned the bar to us when we checked in and given us options. They did not and we were left "sleeping" in a room that should be turned into something else like maybe a fitness center. The other issue is that this was an "upgraded" room. I actually paid extra for the privilege to enjoy that room. They should be ashamed of themselves for that and the corner room next to us. The gentleman at the desk took my husbands card and said he would see what he could do to help us out. More than a week has passed and no phone call. Apparently they are to busy to deal with customer service.

Room Tip: Don' t let them put you above the bar!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Belle044
JMaibach, General Manager at Copley Square Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Thank you for your post and I am so sorry for what transpired during your visit. We obviously failed on many occasions and opportunities to make this right and for that please accept my sincere apologies. I have shared your post with our Management team and they join me in offering our most sincere apologies. We are using your comments as a training tool as we discussed how we could better handle these type of situations in the future so we do not repeat the same mistakes.

I hope to have the opportunity to discuss with you in more detail so invite you to email me at john.maibach@copleysquarehotel.com or call me at 617-421-1424. Thank you!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Just a terrific hotel with a warm and friendly staff. I've stayed here a number of times and each one of my visits has been wonderful. This last visit was for 4 nights (business). Easy walk to Newberry Street and financial district area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
We appreciate your post and thank you very much for your continued business!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The Copley Square Hotel has been a tradition for decades, but after a recent renovation, it has become a hip destination, in the heart of Boston.

The rooms are of ample size, and the renovation did not go over the top, as the rooms are tastefully decorated, the beds comfortable, and the bathrooms updated, yet user friendly.

The entire facility is spotless clean, and the staff professional.

The location can't be beat, you are at the doorstep of the Prudential Center, Copley Place Mall,
and the most vibrant part of Boston. As others have mentioned, you are near a Shaws, and Trader Joe's if you need munchies. For dining out, your options are endless within a 4 block walk of the hotel.

One tip and this applies to all hotels in the HUB, if you don't have to drive, don't.
You don't need a car once in Boston, and you will save a good amount of money, no matter which hotel you choose.

Ken

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your very kind comments! We will be sure to share these with our team, as we do with all reviews. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My boyfriend booked this hotel through Priceline as a surprise on Valentine's Day- we had no idea where we'd be staying until it was booked. I live in the South End of Boston and I had walked by this hotel many times, so I was excited to stay. Since we were only staying the night, we found street parking. The hotel was great! Our room wasn't huge (what do you expect, this is Boston) but it was clean, modern and beautiful. The bed was incredible. Service was great. This hotel is seriously in the middle of everything, you could probably walk just about everything, and there are several T stops in the area. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Boston. The only not so great thing about The Copley Square Hotel is the bar - MiniBar. I'd been there before our stay, and we grabbed a drink there that night, but I'm just not impressed with it! There are better bars in Boston.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your post, especially the comments about the staff! We are glad you were able to find time for a staycation and we are pleased you were able to let us be part of the occasion. I will also share your comments with the minibar management team. Thanks again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is a great hotel. It is in a fantastic location with easy access to restaurants, Newbury St and the Common, and they have a wine reception every evening!

I most recently stayed here on business for 5 nights. I had requested a quiet room in advance and got it. Check-in and -out were really efficient. The bedroom and bathroom were both really spacious and clean. Staff were all friendly and efficient.

All-in-all, a really great place!

Room Tip: The "interior" rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
We thank you for the great comments! Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay! We hope you enjoyed your trip ‘across the pond’ and hope to be able to welcome you again soon!