“Kor-Mex Fusion 🔥”

Ranked #1,171 of 3,588 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Allston Village
Neighbourhood: Allston Village
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This place is quite delicious!! I personally ordered the Kimchi Fries and the Rice Cakes in chili sauce (Tteok-bokki). Both dishes were really good! They have a nice selection of Korean dishes and some have a Mexican fusion to them. The Kor-Mex fusion is really creative and delicious.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Coreanos Allston sucked. Who are these other reviewers giving this a 5 star rating? They shouldn't be allowed Internet access anymore.

I went with a group of 3 of my friends and we ordered pretty much their menu. I think this is a fair sampling of their food in order for us to pass judgment on its quality. We got:
- Kalbi
- Bulgogi
- Korean Fried Chicken
- Coreanos Bowl
- Bibimbap
- Kimchi Fritas

Yeah, we eat a lot. And we didn't like any of what we ate. Let my buddy, a chef, explain the problem:
"When a restaurant uses old frying oil, all of the food starts to taste the same."
in other words, our Kimchi Fritas tasted kind of like our Korean Fried Chicken because Coreanos was using frying oil from last week (or month). It was disgusting.

I guess when your prime audience is a group of drunk college-aged kids, it doesn't matter what your food tastes like. As long as it is kind of cheap and fried, it's good. But if you're sober and actually want good food, hard pass on Coreanos Allston.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I was in Allson this afternoon and decided to sample a few of the divey restaurants there. This is a really humble place but the tacos are outstanding. I tried their spicy pork and sweet bulgogi beef tacos. Both were outstanding. I personally preferred the flavor of the beef taco. They are also very reasonable $3.50 each and I think 2-3 would be enough as an afternoon meal. There are some stools and tables in the restaurant but most patrons only come here to take out. Definitely worth a try!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. The fusion makes sense, and they start from a solid base of just having pretty good Korean food. The tacos and Mexican additions to Korean favorites make sense. We enjoyed the tacos, Tteokbokki and fried rice. My only complaint would be that even if you eat in-house the food basically comes in takeout containers, but that's a personal preference of mine. Don't let that stop you from trying it.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Mainly takeout place. We had the tacos, kimchi fries and Korean fried rice, both with tofu rather than meat. A fried egg was atop both the kimchee fries and the rice. The fries are a new take, which also includes cheese and green onions along with kimchi and definitely worth trying. The tacos were well sauced although the tofu tasted a bit dry. Fried rice was good with a glutinous rice. Try the lime-ginger drink. The ginger really adds to the lime flavor.