See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is an older place but is clean. Great location and prices ! I've stayed there 8 -10 times over the past 20 years and have always been treated great by the owners(Andy & Santa --Indian couple). I do motorcycle trips from Florida to the Smokies and hope to stay with them again.

Room Tip: room 49 is a good room for couples.It is next to the ice machine
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank charlescouch
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I live in Columbia SC and planned a well needed trip to NC

When we arrived we waited for 10 minutes before we were greeted by an elderly Indian woman. She gave us a key and sent us on our way. (We must have interrupted her tv show because it was not a warm welcome)

We dumped our bags off and left to get something to eat since it was a 3 1/2 hour drive. When we returned we noticed how disgusting it was.

The bathtub was dripping heavily and the tub was brown, the air conditioning/heater unit was filthy, the blankets had cigarette burns all over it, the bedside table had razor blade marks from a past resident doing cocaine( I assume), the window didn't lock and had a hole cut out of the screen, the only lock on the door was a half secured chain lock, also there was a huge gap where the door didn't close all the way( It was supposed to snow the next morning), not to mention what looked like bug or mouse poop on the front table. Lastly, when we wiped off the toilet seat the toilet paper was black.

We asked for a refund but the lady said no because we had been there for 2 hours, though we were only actually in the room for less than 30 minutes. She said had we asked after 15 minutes she would have given us one. We didn't see a sign informing us about their refund policy but then again we weren't looking. The price was $49 including tax for the one night. Save yourself the trouble and find somewhere you trust.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank stoic9
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Clean and basic, fifties-era motorlodge, but decent and the best rate of anywhere I looked. Even though its an older place, the room I stayed in had a fridge, microwave,a flat screen TV and all the rooms have free internet. I don't mind the small room, and the place is located near all the places I visit when I come to Asheville.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank chrisalina
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This small motel--a one-level 40s style motor court conveniently located on Tunnel Road, just off I-240 and minutes from downtown Asheville--will cost you $30 a night LESS than any room you can find in the downtown area. It will definitely save you money if you can abide the run down rooms that are cleaned very well daily by an old hippie. There's numerous restaurants up and down Tunnel Rd, an ABC store next door, and an Ingles supermarket nearby. It is also a short drive from the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Western NC Nature Center. It is a one-ply toliet paper sort of place, but as previous reviewers point out, it is THRIFTY!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Beachtrekr
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I almost hate to let the word get out about this place. We have stayed there many times in the last few years because the rates allowed us to easily afford the trip. The previous reviewer gave a good description of the place. It is located tucked next to the Big Cowboy sign. The entrance is short and steep.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground floor. The building is U shaped so no room has a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family