“Great Location; Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #57 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Edenton, North Carolina
“Great Location; Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Usually the words "Rodeway Inn" conjure thoughts of horror and dismay, but not this time. The room were furnished well, the lighting was great and it was quiet although it was so close to the gas station. The bed was very comfortable and the Wi-Fi connection was great. My only "minus" is the fact that I had to go to the lobby to get an iron/ironing board, but I'm sure there was a good reason for it. Otherwise, my stay was pleasant and was a perfect start to my mountain vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

It's a motel room, y'all. It's a place to hang your hat, grab a shower and a good night’s sleep and go back out again. It was very easy to get to the motel from the highway, and very easy to get to downtown Asheville. My main concern is cleanliness when I’m traveling like this. And it was clean. I love the added feature of the refrigerator…this way you can bring a little picnic and have something before you go out…if you’re not having dinner. Coffee pot was good in the morning. Shower head was great. I go up to hear music, and it fit my needs perfectly.

I have nothing to add about service, staff, etc because I only stayed one night. When i stay at motels like this, I bring my own pillow and blanket, because this is where you'll see the difference. The blanket had a huge hole in it, and the sheets were threadbare...but once again...not a problem for me. The mattress was very clean.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor. The neighborhood is off the freeway, so I would stay away from first floors at an...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Typical of Travelodges, this is Choice Hotels "lower end" property, but this hotel had 30" flat screens and well-appointed rooms--although hallways and staircases could have used a bit of extra cleaning. Webstie said "coffee and pastry"--please note "pastry" is singular--and they served only donuts--but they were very good and fresh Krispycremes!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
lumberton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

we booked reservation over the internet,going by the pictures. when we got there what a surprise in the wrong way. The carpet was nasty, holes in the walls, food smeared in the chairs, covers where dirty,and we walked in the bathroom the door fell apart. We had two rooms adjioning each other and opened that door and the panels of the door fell apart. No elevator with an older family member wasn't easy. in the hallway people laying in the hall on the floor for you to have to walk over. Once we got to the room and saw such a dump we went back down stairs and got our refund. I knew I couldn't stay in such a nasty, stinking place. There was no way I would even sit or lay on anything there. The only good thing I can say about the place is when we arrived the desk clerk was very nice checking us in. He was still nice when I told him I wanted my money back because the place was so nasty.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank barbaraatyson

Travellers are raving about these Asheville hotels

Grass Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

The room itself was nicely done and clean. Unfortunately the lobby was unattractive and unclean looking enough to set a bad tone to the hotel. We had to wait to check in until the staff finished their cinteraction. The "breakfast" was a tray of pastry and coffee in the very tiny walk through lobby area. Would not return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple