“They tried to rip me off” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge Biltmore
Ranked #56 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
archer lodge
“They tried to rip me off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

I tried to book my stay online but couldn't, so I called the hotel. They took all my information without giving me a price. When I inquired about the price there price was over $30 more than the online price. When I told the woman she told I should book my reservation online. After going back online I decided to book with another hotel.

When I received my credit card bill I that found Econolodge had billed me for one night. When I called them to remove it, they refused to. To make a long story short, I had to get Choice Hotels involved to get my refund

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank brad b
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
USA---
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Average older motel, steps to upstairs had chipped treads, roomy room with old room smell but manageable, but not the $97.00 listed rooms.
Fast food joints down street are best breakfast bet.
Asked for a nonsmoking room with a view. See photos.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Daytripper19-20
Loganville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

My wife and I were traveling thru Asheville on the 4th of July weekend and most hotels were full. We did find the Econo Lodge on Tunnel Road that had several empty rooms. The sign out front said Newly Updated Rooms. So we thought we were safe(WRONG). We checked in only to find our room did have new carpet (like indoor/outdoor)and paint. That was it for the updating. The door would not close well or by itself as most hotel room doors do. The door did not have a chain lock and the dead bolt would not even work so we were at the mercy of just the key card door lock. The furniture looked like it was about to fall apart and the BIG BOXY T.V. was sitting on a dresser that was directly to the side of the bed so if your wanted to watch it you had to lay across the bed to not strain your neck. The tub had rust in it and the towels looked and felt like i could push my fingers thru them. OOOH no sprinkler system either so the building must have been as old as it looked. No extra pillow,blanket or shampoo either. I forgot my razor and went to the front desk and the lady for one and she said that they did not supply razors, after several times trying to ask her and she did not understand RAZOR so i had to use sign language like i was shaving my face to get her to figure it out. OOOH well on a lighter note the small fridge did work keeping drinks cold. You don't have to worry about the check out time either since we were in a big hurry to get out of there as many people we saw in the morning doing the same thing.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cop59
Pawling, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

Arrived at room in late afternoon. Went to bed that night and pulled back bedspreads and notice potato chips and other food stuff under bed. Went to front desk and asked for floor to be vacuumed. Came back to room the next day at lunch time and room still not vacuumed, but the beds were made. When you check into a room and PAY for 2 days you expect the room to be vacuumed and cleaned. When we checked out the owner had charged us an additional $14 for the 2nd night because it was a Friday. We told her she never told us that the room would be more for the 2nd night and she said it was all hotel policies and we should have known that. We told her that she had a lot of nerve charging us $14 more for the 2nd night especially since we had to request TWICE that our room be cleaned. Never again would I ever stay there or would I recommend the hotel to anyone. The owner was very rude to us. They advertise hi-speed internet but it only works in the first 3 rooms in the row.....if you want to use your computer you need to bring it down to a table and chair in the main office. How annoying is that? We specifically asked if they had hi-speed and they said yes. This owner runs a very unreliable and untruthful hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank rgieseking
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

I visited Asheville and decided to stay here with some friends who traveled with me. I stayed based solely on the price of the hotel since it was a budget trip. I would hardly call it Biltmore since Biltmore is 20 mins away. It is almost directly across the street from the back entrance to the Asheville Mall - which is very convenient. BUT, it is also across from Waffle House, which means there are a ton of loud sketchy drunks wandering around at night. This was ok for a budget trip with friends, but I would never ever take my family here.

When we went to check out and I was heading back out of town, I realized I left my really nice jacket there next to the bed against the wall. When I called, she said she would leave a note for the housekeeper. When I called back a week later, she said the housekeeper never turned anything in. I guess someone's daughter has a really nice jacket now - which is worth more than I paid to stay there. It was a good price for just a bed to sleep though.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends