“Not recommended”

Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Colchester, Connecticut
“Not recommended”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Had a room towards the back which was good because there is a lot of road noise if you're in the front. Desk staff on check in were very rude and not helpful at all. Room was a bit dated but clean and comfortable. There a probably better choices in the area, which was convenient due to being right off the highway

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank DianeConnecticut
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Sullivans Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were a group of bicyclists doing the Blue Ridge Parkway, and stayed at this hotel one night. Pleasantly surprised by 40 inch flat screens in rooms - and loved the pool which was clean and cool. It's on a highway, but our room was reasonably quiet, and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Arrived late, check in was simple and quick. Room was clean, bright and fresh. Fridge, microwave in room. Two double beds on second floor. Motel type configuration but has an outdoor pool and a breakfast area. Ideal location for Blue Ridge Parkway and I-40. Parking was limited if you arrive late but so what if you cannot park right outside the door of your room. Definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Booked this motel last minute using Travelocity's top-secret hotels feature. The room was attractive, large and comfortable and the price was right. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.

The problem (although it didn't impact me) it the name. Judging from its name, one would assume this motel is near the Biltmore Estate. You would be wrong. This property is WAY out east of town, about as far from Biltmore and downtown Asheville as you can get and still claim to be in Asheville. In fact, if you look at a nap of Asheville you will see a point at the far eastern tip of town - that is where this motel is.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had travel book coupons for two hotels in this immediate area offering the same nightly rate, both including breakfast Based on Trip Advisor reviews that have rated 4 & 5 stars to this hotel since it was renovated earlier this year, we chose it over the previously stayed at Days Inn which was nearby. BIG MISTAKE which really make me question the reviews being posted.

My first concern was that it was a pet-friendly hotel and I didn't want a room which had previously housed a pet. Did we get such a room? I don't know, but after getting into bed I found myself constantly itching until I finally got up and took a Tylenol PM to knock me out. Upon seeing the location of the room, my other concern was traffic noises from Tunnel Road since we were very close to the road. On the plus side, that was not a problem, however I constantly heard noises from other rooms surrounding us - doors being slammed, toilet seats being dropped, people moving around, coughing, etc. Also, the room was VERY small with barely any room to walk between the ends of the beds and the furniture placed against the wall; I found myself taking extra care so I didn't run into the furniture.

I wanted to take a bath because of problems I'm having with my foot and needed it to soak. I put in the stopper and started water running while I got out toiletries and clothes, only to come back in the bathroom over 5 minutes later to see only about 1-1/2” of water in the tub. It was then I discovered the stopper was messed up and water leaked out continuously. I tried to adjust it but still spent my soak holding wash rags around the the drain with my other foot, slowing the draining but not stopping it completely. Apparently drain stoppers are an issue here because there wasn't one at all for the sink - a wash rag had to be put in the bottom of the sink while working with contact lenses in case one was dropped.

The breakfast they offered was a complete joke. First I had to work my way around what appeared to be employees from their dress, because leaning against one of the counters holding food was a female talking with two males seated at the corner front table. So I wasn't being rude by walking between them, I had to go completely around the table several times to get to this counter area while they were oblivious. REALLY?? Couldn't the hotel at least require employees to sit in another part of the room and allow the guests easy access to things without being inconvenienced?

After checking everything over, I opted for coffee and a sausage and biscuit. Wanting to put mustard on my sausage biscuit, I dug into the container holding such condiments. After pulling out two separate packets and tearing them open to find the mustard dried up & hard, I gave up. Just as well since when I took my first bite of the sandwich I realized how dry, crumbly and just plain nasty the biscuit was & removed the sausage to eat it straight up. A bite of that alone had me throwing the entire thing in the trash with only 2 bites gone. Just in case someone from the hotel actually takes the time to read traveler reviews - something I noticed after I tossed my food out and was leaving the area. - I saw an employee restocking things & she simply tossed more condiment packs into the partially filled container. Nothing like heaping fresh product on top of old. No wonder the mustard I had to dig down to even find was dried and hard. Might want to think about emptying it out and starting with fresh product and then consider product rotation. The plus to this was the joke of a breakfast they offered helped us discover a really great little place after I told my sister the hotel breakfast was inedible and we needed to pay to eat out elsewhere.

The only positive thing I can say about this place is about one of the two clerks I dealt with when asking about a nearby place to eat lunch the day we checked in. She gave several options and her feedback Thanks to Helaine we had a great lunch at Pomodoros! Sadly, I would NOT recommend Quality Inn Biltmore East, nor would I stay here ever again.

Room Tip: Look into another hotel.