“Walk in the Park”

The Lion and The Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I don't know about you, but I like to get to know new places by walking everywhere whenever possible. Jim and Linda's B&B is perfectly situated for a leisurely or energetic stroll around the charming neighborhood or to downtown Asheville. I parked my car when I arrived and didn't use it again until I left four days later. What a treat! That is, if you can break your self away from your luxuriously appointed room, amenities, scattered bowls filled with luscious chocolates and a guest kitchen area filled with tempting delights, 24-7. I parked my self in various rooms and on the expansive, comfortable porch to people watch, read, gaze at the welcoming fire, watch DVDs or search the web. And Jim's breakfasts? Out of this world, filled with delicious ingredients masterfully concocted by a creative and happy owner. Jim goes the extra mile to make sure all your particular dietary needs are addressed with care and professionalism. Hands down, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else on my next overnight trip to Asheville. Jim, Linda, Cedric and the B&B staff are gentle, caring folk who made me feel very, very special.

Room Tip: Make your reservation early if you want to stay in the Fanny Rice or the Margaret Grace room. Both...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Lion and The Rose Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I just returned from my third wonderful visit to The Lion and the Rose Bed and Breakfast. Filled with charm and elegance, this B&B is a wonderful choice for a stay in Asheville. The hosts are friendly and helpful, the food is fabulous, and the accommodations are very comfortable. Downtown is only 5 minutes away, and the street where the inn is located is charming.
Some aspects that I enjoyed were the snack galley that was always stocked with salty and sweet snacks, the hot drinks always available, the exquisite meal, the robes, and the enjoyment of sitting and talking in the parlor of a beautifully restored house.

I hope to return soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We arrived on a Friday afternoon. I had given my husband this trip for Christmas. Jim met us at the door and showed us our room. They don't leave out a thing!! If you forgot something at home - they have it (even ear plugs!!). It is very convenient to downtown and the Biltmore. Jim recommended some great restaurants which we went to and were not disappointed. The rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable and the shower was wonderful. Jim is a great cook and we lingered at breakfast the first morning and met our housemates for the weekend. He is a very good cook and Linda is very gracious. We will definitely be back! Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

From the moment I entered The Lion and The Rose I felt as if I was a VIP guest. Jim and Linda make you feel like their home is your home, and accommodate every need while allowing for such privacy! The breakfasts are absolutely delicious, the room are immaculate, and the overall atmosphere is simply perfect. Jim recommended the neighborhood restaurant for our first night and it was amazing.

I was here with two friends for a girls getaway and it was the perfect escape. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We just stayed here for one night, but wish we stayed there for 10!The location is perfect for anyone wanting to explore Asheville, NC. The owners Jim and Linda made us feel completely comfortable and their B&B is beautiful has just the right balance of history and comfort. The breakfast by itself is definitely worth the trip. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: The pictures on the website are accurate and let you know exactly what room you'll be staying in...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple