“Home away from home”

Ranked #16 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We visited Ashville during the Christmas season and our stay at the inn completed this magical experience. The accommodations were great as was the food. Patti was so helpful and made us feel right at home. I am looking forward to returning during the spring or summer months. Thanks Patti for the hospitality!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway at Cumberland Falls B and B for my 30th and the experience was truly amazing! Patti was very sweet and Gary was an AMAZING chef (request the cantaloup!). My hubby chose the Lions Den for the fireplace and large claw tub with mountain views. We will definitely return. Thanks for an amazing birthday ;)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We recently took a 10 day NC mountains vacation, with three days spent in Asheville. I researched B&Bs and found that Cumberland Falls offered a "stay 3 nights, pay for 2" deal in February and since it looked nice, we decided to give it a try.
Overall, it was very nice. We stay in B&Bs all the time and while not picky, we have found we prefer certain features over others. So what some people love, we may not.
Gary and Patti were very friendly and offered helpful advice. They seem to really enjoy running the B&B.
The neighborhood is nice, historic and very walkable.
The house is very well maintained as are the grounds. I would love to go back and see all the bulbs and trees blooming in spring. The water features are lovely - even in the winter.
We waited until a couple of weeks before arrival to book so only one room was available all three nights of our visit - the Victorian Parlro, the only guest room downstairs. It was fine, although on the small side. Lovely furniture and great bath. Minor issues regarding noise and light. I am pretty deaf and was woken up in the morning by breakfast prep in the room next door. We could also hear footsteps overhead. Not uncommon when you have a room above you but still a bit annoying. I also like a room with more light. I had a chance to look at the other rooms and I think ours was the darkest. Next time - we're getting the Garden Room with a wall of windows!
While others raved about the breakfast, it was simply too much (and too much sugar) for our simple tastes. The last morning of our stay, we were the only ones on site and Gary very kindly prepared a less sweet bfast for us. It was much appreciated. He is a very talented cook.
I wish Gary and Pattie continued enjoyment with the Cumberland Falls B&S.

Room Tip: If a light room is imporant to you, choose one upstairs.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I took my wife to Asheville for a quick 2-day trip for her birthday and chose Cumberland Falls based on the good reviews. We were not disappointed! Gary and Patti are so welcoming and accommodating they could make a pigsty feel homey. We stayed in the Natural Mystic on the 2nd floor and loved it. Especially the large tub, and gas oven that will heat the room up in seconds. The house was clean and the breakfast was great. The muffins were especially delicious. They checked in on us while we were on our way there, purchased our Biltmore tickets, mapped out our travels, made some birthday cupcakes for my wife, and flagged us down before we go out of town when I forgot my laptop! Great hosts for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Natural Mystic is the middle room on the second floor, but is still quiet and has the best bathroom...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My wife & I recently stayed at this Inn, it was our first time at a BB Inn. To say it was a great experince would be a great understatement! Gary & Patti are great host and opened there home to us & made us feel very comfortable. We stayed in the Lion's Den Room and it was great! The bed was very comfortable and the fireplace was great!
The breakfast that was served was fabulous, (no need for lunch after this)! The house and grounds are beautiful, including the unique wood inside the house.
We unfortnately had a medical emergency our first of 3 days there, but Gary & Patti went above & beyond to assist us through this, and the rest of our stay was great!
Thank You so much Gary & Patti!

Room Tip: All of there rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple