“Thank you for a great weekend!”

Oakland Cottage B&B
Ranked #23 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My boyfriend and I wanted to visit Asheville for the weekend and I decided to stray away from the typical hotel stay for a change and opted for the very affordable Oakland Cottage B&B. The house was probably a 5min drive from downtown, it was clean, comfortable and charming. I was the most impressed by our hosts, they were kind, helpful and even offered to change the time of breakfast (AMAZING by the way) to accomodate our itenerary. Overall, it exceded our expectations, I hope to return next year and bring my family along.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Rose room for it's affordability, but others had more space. All were nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carriemaria
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Think that future customers should realize that this establishment is in what the host called a transitional neighborhood. We drove thru blocks of unattractive housing to get there and chose to pay and not stay, The B & B may be fine is you ate not worried about location.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sara c
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I had a wonderful stay at the Oakland Cottage B&B in Asheville. I was visiting my daughter who moved to Asheville earlier this year. I stayed 3 nights in the Dogwood Suite. It was very comfortable and charming. My daughter spent 2 of the nights with me so it was nice to have an extra bed. (The extra bed is a twin in what appears to have once been a porch. The window coverings in the porch don't block much of the morning light. There are cute windows between the former porch and the bedroom which have great black-out blinds. I slept very well in the bedroom. The light could be an issue if you were traveling with a child who was sensitive to it.) The breakfasts were varied, generous and delicious! I chose the Oakland because it is near to where my daughter lives, but Asheville isn't that big a city, I think it would be convenient for any trip to the area. I'd definitely stay there again.

p.s. I hadn't noticed that it was pet-friendly until I read it in a review just now. It sure didn't look look or smell like a place that had had pets roaming around!

Room Tip: Dogwood suite has its own entrance.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CathyBI
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Mary & Byron were fantastic hosts. Very helpful about providing advice about what to do around Asheville. The breakfasts were out of this world. I can not rate this B&B high enough. One of the best experiences I've ever had at a B&B.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank baanasta1
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here for a family reunion in Asheville. The house is so charming and perfect for our large family to be together. The front porch is marvelous for watching a thunderstorm or just relaxing with a glass of wine. We would highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs double. It was very comfortable, and very quiet considering the size of o...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family