“No reservation, but they seated us”
Review of Nightbell

Nightbell
Ranked #9 of 818 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Nightbell is an American restaurant focusing on local Appalachian ingredients with a craft cocktail bar. Led by Executive Chef Katie Button, Nightbell is a member of the Heirloom Hospitality Group, the family business that also owns and manages Cúrate bar de tapas.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The food was fabulous, the lighting was nice and the wait staff gave us the perfect amount of attention. Love this meal!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Nightbell several times and leave amazed every time. Our most recent visit was after a foraging hike with No Taste Like Home, who I'd also recommend. The chef at Nightbell utilized our foraged ingredients and made a brilliant appetizer! The other dishes did not disappoint, and the deviled egg is a must!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Unbelievably good. Dishes that are particularly unique, the kind you won't find elsewhere, all sourced locally, crafted with care and attention to detail that reminded me of Keller's French Laundry back home. Not tweezer food mind you, but love and respect shown to the dishes and just simply cooked and presented to perfection. Chef Button repeatedly came to our table to explain dishes and just converse, but the rest of our wait staff knew just as much about each dish and how it was prepared. An utterly fantastic meal, one of the best I've had anywhere in the world. Do not miss this.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Really good food and drinks! Service was very attentive although sat at bar area and you are super close to other couples and can hear their intimate convo...almost seating like cafeteria style where you are across the table for your significant other but setting right and left of strangers. Food was very GOOD not a little too foo-foo for the Hubbie, would recommend though deviled eggs, mushrooms, trout and fries!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I was headed to another restaurant for dinner being stuck in town by myself for work. When I saw this attractive restaurant from the street, I thought I would at least stop in and have a drink. At that point, I noticed they had a really decent selection of Bourbons, so I indulged. I looked at their menu which has a great selection of items, wonderful small plates and individual bites, and good prices. I would imagine this would be a great place for a group where you could share tapas style. I ordered the deviled egg as I kept seeing them pop up in the window by the bar. It was phenomenal. The first bite has you. It is not at all at deviled egg in the traditional sense, but I would argue that it was about 10 times better than my mother-in-law's Thanksgiving sidedish. At this point, I decided to stay for dinner. I was considering a salad as they have many options for that plate. I ended up going completely the opposite direction – and I do not regret it – and having the burger and fries. This burger was perfectly cooked and was made with ground bacon in the meat. Wonderful bread with large sea salt sprinkles on top. The fries were clearly homemade and were served with what they call rocket sauce. It has a smoky/bacon flavor that I could not stop eating. I really wanted to try one of the desserts, but I was full at that point. Again, best meal I have had in a year and I do consider myself something of a foodie.

Let me address the customer service a moment as I believe this is what pushes them over the top. I was first greeted by a pleasant gal at the door who gave me nice seating options, and I chose the bar. When I left, she remembered me wandering in from the street and engaged me about my experience. Recalling that I was just there for a drink, she saw me sitting at the bar eating and wanted to know what I had and was it good. Nice touch. The first person that greeted me was the bartender who poured for this Kentucky boy a perfect bourbon. The next barmaid sold me on the deviled egg. It was because of her that I ordered it. Two girls sat next to me at the bar and the bartender created a drink on the spot after a brief Q&A to "get to know their tastes". His interactions with them as well as me exemplifies five-star customer service.

Not only would I highly recommend this restaurant, I would make it a destination if you were even close to Asheville.

2  Thank Louis H