“Wonderful stay! Quiet area!”

Princess Anne Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful stay! Quiet area!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 20th Anniversary and had a wonderful time. It is away from the noise of the city, but close enough to go and enjoy downtown.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
PrincessAnneHotel, Public Relations Manager at Princess Anne Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you for your review! I hope that your 20th anniversary was memorable and that we may help you celebrate again for your 21st anniversary!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed 6 April 2012 via mobile

A modern feel to a beautifully restored hotel. Wonderful breakfast! Employees are exceptionally helpful and nice. Will visit again!

Stayed April 2012
Thank you for your review!
Palm Beach
Reviewed 13 March 2012

After reading other reviews extolling excellence of this hotel I have nothing to add. It's perfect- from front desk check-in staff to room to afternoon wine (excellent) and hor doerves to breakfast to beautiful parlor/sitting area to large comfortable suites. Everything 1st class about this hotel. Even coffee, organic teabags and truffles in room are the best. This hotel gives you so much value for their nightly rate it should give lessons to overpriced hotels such as Ritz Carlton on how to run a hotel. My husband and I have travelled all over the world and this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in- I can literally think of nothing the management can do to improve.

• Stayed October 2011
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

my husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Prince Anne in October 2011. We had a wonderful time. We walked into the city during the day (and drove at night). John at the front desk was very helpful. The breakfast and wine/cheese hour were amazing, it was even better than we had atticipated. Beautiful historic building with a lot of charm. Already think about going back.

Room Tip: our room was located just above the check in desk on the second floor with a great window
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Ladson, SC
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I are lovers of small, quiet inns and B & B's, and we are history lovers, so the Princess Anne fits the bill. This was our first stay, and we definitely plan to return. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The afternoon wine/cheese reception is so relaxing, delicious, and enjoyable. Breakfast we yummy. Patrons have a choice of waffles, a quiche, or a granola/yogurt parfait. I love that breakfast is served between 8:30 and 10 a.m.; we didn't have to rush. The service is very friendly and personnel; the desk clerk gave us directions, retrieved a book I left in the parlor during hors d'oeuvres, and treated us as valued customers. My husband looked at me during breakfast and said, "I think we've found a new place." I've had to win him over to the small boutique inn/B&B scene, so that was a biggie for him. We definitely plan to return to the Princess Anne in a few months. The only caution I will issue is that because it is old, the floors creak, and the insulation in the walls isn't terrific. If those things don't bother you, you'll love the Princess Anne.

Room Tip: The elevator is quite old (charming & quaint), so a room on the lower floors is advisable.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple