“great get away”

Ranked #11 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Marietta, Georgia
“great get away”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

my husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Prince Anne in October 2011. We had a wonderful time. We walked into the city during the day (and drove at night). John at the front desk was very helpful. The breakfast and wine/cheese hour were amazing, it was even better than we had atticipated. Beautiful historic building with a lot of charm. Already think about going back.

Room Tip: our room was located just above the check in desk on the second floor with a great window
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Ladson, SC
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I are lovers of small, quiet inns and B & B's, and we are history lovers, so the Princess Anne fits the bill. This was our first stay, and we definitely plan to return. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The afternoon wine/cheese reception is so relaxing, delicious, and enjoyable. Breakfast we yummy. Patrons have a choice of waffles, a quiche, or a granola/yogurt parfait. I love that breakfast is served between 8:30 and 10 a.m.; we didn't have to rush. The service is very friendly and personnel; the desk clerk gave us directions, retrieved a book I left in the parlor during hors d'oeuvres, and treated us as valued customers. My husband looked at me during breakfast and said, "I think we've found a new place." I've had to win him over to the small boutique inn/B&B scene, so that was a biggie for him. We definitely plan to return to the Princess Anne in a few months. The only caution I will issue is that because it is old, the floors creak, and the insulation in the walls isn't terrific. If those things don't bother you, you'll love the Princess Anne.

Room Tip: The elevator is quite old (charming & quaint), so a room on the lower floors is advisable.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Staying at this bed and breakfast was a treat even on the coldest weekend of the year. This older building is large for a B & B, but it doesn't affect the friendliness and charm a bit. Our suite was roomy and warm. The breakfast each morning was more than we'd expected with a choice of 3 breakfasts. The wine and finger-foods in the late afternoon are worth doing. There's a large table full of foods to choose from. The staff helped in making dinner plans as well. Would love to stay here again. It's a bit far to walk downtown, but only a short drive to get to downtown and to the RIVER ARTS DISTRICT (a must-do),

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed 22 February 2012

You will absolutely love this hotel. A beautiful renovation of a 1924 hotel, preserving all of the classic features. Very Asheville "Heyday" Vintage. The rooms are large, sunny and well-appointed and the staff could not be more pleasant and accomodating. Several quiet areas for working if needed. I am on my laptop downstairs now with piano music playing softly and the door to the porch is open with a soft breeze wafting through.Good quality wine and delicious hors d'oeurves are served at 4:30 in the living room and the breakfasts in the dining room are just excellent. This morning's was a choice of French Toast with Applewood-smoked bacon and fresh fruit (my choice and just fabulous) or a Brie and Asparagus Omelette or granola. Choice of juices and tea or coffee - all included with the room price. The Princess Anne is a ten minute walk from downtown and Fuddruckers' great burgers are just around the corner! I need to be back in Asheville in six weeks and have already reserved my room for my next stay.

Room Tip: The available suites include a sitting room if that is needed. I was traveling by myself so the Delu...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This place had incredible charm.

We stayed in a spacious and comfortable two room suite that was both clean and comfortable. The staff was super nice and helpful. The wine and hor dourves in the evening and the made to order breakfast were both fine additions to our stay.

We have already recommended this Inn to family and friends and we just got home from there yesterday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple