I have several complaints about the hotel in which I and my guest stayed for one night. The first complaint is that it is EXTREMELY difficult to GET to the hotel. It's located behind a shopping plaza. You have to go through the parking lot of the plaza to get to the road that leads to the hotel. The signage is scarce and confusing. We had to drive around the parking lot a couple of times before we figured it out. The driveway is very steep. If you need to stay in a hotel in Asheville in the winter months, I'd recommend you pass up this hotel. Snow and ice could make the entrance quite treacherous. Upon entering the hotel lobby we noticed an rancid, musty odor one might encounter in a very old building. This particular scent was localized to the area right in front of the front desk. In order to get to our non-smoking room, we had to pass down almost the entire length of a long corridor with smoking rooms on either side. The corridor had a nasty reek of old tobacco smoke--it smelled like the inside of an enclosed ashtray. Fresh smoke also emanated from the rooms. Not only was this disgusting but caused some respiratory difficulties for the other member of my party who has asthma. This lady's ailment was the main reason for requesting a non-smoking room as well as the fact that we are both lifelong non-smokers. Last, but not least, the towels and washcloths in the bathroom were quite rough and extremely uncomfortable on the skin. They also had the odor of cigarette smoke, as though people had been smoking in the laundry room while folding the towels. The issues I have mentioned were quite irritating. The good things about the hotel: the beds were comfortable and the pillows were very soft and comfortable. The sheets were also soft and comfy. There is a sliding glass door with a small balcony. Our room had a view of trees and grass which is much more pleasant that a parking lot view. The room was relatively quiet after 9pm. Even with the positive aspects of our stay, I don't think I would choose this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, a sanctuary of elegance and a welcome retreat from the busy world. Nestled against the majestic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 125 acres, this year-round resort provides all the comforts for the leisure and business traveler alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Asheville