Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
US$ 80
QualityInn
US$ 105
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 123/night.

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 187
US$ 173
  • Restaurant
US$ 123
US$ 111
Priceline
US$ 107
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
US$ 428
US$ 281
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 312/night.

1,245 results
All reviewstennis courtsracquet clubbreakfast buffetclose to downtownoutdoor poolfitness centershuttle servicemini fridgeup to datebiltmore estatebalconiespetfireplacenc
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was a little worried after reading some of the previous reviews, so I called the hotel and spoke with Lori Hollifield, the Guest Services Manager. I voiced my concerns and asked if she could place me and my family in a quiet room during our stay. She was very helpful and happy to help us out. We were put in a room at the end of the hall facing out towards the pool. All of the rooms have balconies, and I would suggest requesting a room facing towards the pool rather than towards the parking lot if you like a quiet room. Our room was spacious and had two queen beds, a desk and chair, tv, dresser and a counter with a refrigerator under it. They do have a limited amount of microwaves available upon request, so if you want one I would request it when you book. The bathroom is a nice size, and there is a mirror and outlets outside of the bathroom so more than one person can get ready in the morning at the same time (nice for a family with teenagers). I thought the bedding looked nice and was very comfy, but was told that they're going to be putting brand new high quality linens and bed sets in every room - something to look forward to next visit. They provide a breakfast buffet on the weekends with an omelet/waffle station, hot sides, cereal, fruit, breads/pastries, juice, coffee, etc for $10.95/per person. They also have a bar & grill on site and serve dinner in the evenings in the dining area. A shuttle service is available to take you downtown for a small fee. If you prefer to drive yourself, it's a 5 minute commute into town to amazing restaurants and shops. Guests have access to the racquet/tennis club on the resort property. The gym is amazing and not your average hotel gym - it's a full-sized facility with really nice equipment. The pool is available until 8 pm to swim laps or let the kids have some fun. All in all I was very pleased with our stay. I didn't give it 5 star because of one thing: there was space around our door into the hallway, which may have led to some hallway noise had the hotel been at full capacity. I overlooked this because 1) it wasn't an issue during our stay and 2) I know it's on their list of improvements and will be addressed soon. Bottom liine: It's clean, convenient, a great value and I was very pleased with the customer service.

Room Tip: Rooms facing toward the pool are quietest. Call Lori Hollifield if you have any concerns or special requests - she's happy to help.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and providing such a great overview of many of the things we have to offer here at the Crowne Plaza. You have highlighted many of our strong points and also clarified a few things that we are in the process of working on as we continue our enhancements. We look forward to a return visit from you in future, and let us know in advance if we can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I'm currently staying here as I write this. I didn't sleep at all due to the noises of moths and other various bugs flitting around. Finally fell asleep a little while ago and was rudely awakened by housekeeping! They barged in my door without knocking! When she saw me , of course she apologized but by then it was a little late. I'm frustrated and disgusted.

• Stayed: March 2012
LoriHol, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Despite all the constructive criticism, I am very glad you had such a great breakfast experience with our omelet attendant, and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you for your comments. Lori Hollifield Manager On Duty

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Course is pathetic,still. Played here two years ago and couldn't believe the condition of the fairways. Spotty,dead patches everywhere. And the greens were just as bad. Nothing has changed.I asked a maintenance man who was mowing at the time when was the last time the course was over-seeded. He told me they don't over-seed because the owner of the hotel is to cheap to pay for it. There seems to be a lot at this hotel that is done on the cheap.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Warren H
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

I am very sorry that you were so displeased with the condition of our golf course during you previous visits. I'm not sure what time of the year you played the course two years ago, but playing golf during the late winter is a bit of a gamble anywhere in the Asheville area due to the thawing and freezing of the course. Within the last week or so since your review was posted, temperatures in the 70's and a nice round of spring rain has really brought the course to life and it is actually in good shape compared to other local courses I have played. For $18 (9 holes and cart) on the weekdays or $20 on the weekends, I doubt you can find a better bargain course anywhere in the area. Our owner has made so many amazing enhancements to the property since transitioning from a Holiday Inn Sunspree to a Crowne Plaza Resort, and we are actively investigating who made such an outrageous comment to one of our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I was very happy with our stay here. Pricing was very comparable for allowing our dog to stay. Room was very clean and up-to-date. We were literally only five minutes from downtown Asheville. They seem to be doing some renoviations in the hallways (which is needed).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank becky_ann
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This does not meet the Crowne Plaza name or the 3 1/2 star rating. The rooms are so so and instead of Queen Beds as are standard these days there were two full size beds. The bathroom was TINY and the water was at bets tempid. There were burn holes in the lamp shades as I was walking down the hall and exposed metal. This was not even as nice as some of the Holiday Inn Express Inn and Suites I have stayed in. The lobby area is very nice and so is the staff and the location is good if you are going to be in the downtown area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie K
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

I am very sorry that your expierience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I'm sure you noticed the multitude of signs indicating that parts of our property are undergoing hallway enhancements such as replacing all the hallway lighting and carpeting, and I'm assuming that you were located on one of the 2 hallways out of 9 which have not yet been completed. Since you departed we have done a complete overhaul of our boiler system to ensure that all guests have plenty of hot water. Even though our hotel is a very large older building we understand how important a hot shower is in the morning to our guests. I also just wanted to clarify that we do not have full size beds here. For our rooms with two beds we utilize Simmons Beauty Rest in an oversized double model which is larger than a double and about two inches narrower than a queen. I am very glad to hear that you appreciate our amazing staff as well as our convienent location in relation to downtown. I appreciate your feedback and hope you can visit us again!