“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Marietta, Georgia
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Good location. Very nice hotel with golf and tennis resort.. Great check in person. Had breakfast buffet was better than a lot of hotels I have visited.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Thank you very much for your brief but positive feedback. I am so glad that you were impressed with our front desk agents as well as our breakfast buffet! Hope to see you again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was a little worried after reading some of the previous reviews, so I called the hotel and spoke with Lori Hollifield, the Guest Services Manager. I voiced my concerns and asked if she could place me and my family in a quiet room during our stay. She was very helpful and happy to help us out. We were put in a room at the end of the hall facing out towards the pool. All of the rooms have balconies, and I would suggest requesting a room facing towards the pool rather than towards the parking lot if you like a quiet room. Our room was spacious and had two queen beds, a desk and chair, tv, dresser and a counter with a refrigerator under it. They do have a limited amount of microwaves available upon request, so if you want one I would request it when you book. The bathroom is a nice size, and there is a mirror and outlets outside of the bathroom so more than one person can get ready in the morning at the same time (nice for a family with teenagers). I thought the bedding looked nice and was very comfy, but was told that they're going to be putting brand new high quality linens and bed sets in every room - something to look forward to next visit. They provide a breakfast buffet on the weekends with an omelet/waffle station, hot sides, cereal, fruit, breads/pastries, juice, coffee, etc for $10.95/per person. They also have a bar & grill on site and serve dinner in the evenings in the dining area. A shuttle service is available to take you downtown for a small fee. If you prefer to drive yourself, it's a 5 minute commute into town to amazing restaurants and shops. Guests have access to the racquet/tennis club on the resort property. The gym is amazing and not your average hotel gym - it's a full-sized facility with really nice equipment. The pool is available until 8 pm to swim laps or let the kids have some fun. All in all I was very pleased with our stay. I didn't give it 5 star because of one thing: there was space around our door into the hallway, which may have led to some hallway noise had the hotel been at full capacity. I overlooked this because 1) it wasn't an issue during our stay and 2) I know it's on their list of improvements and will be addressed soon. Bottom liine: It's clean, convenient, a great value and I was very pleased with the customer service.

Room Tip: Rooms facing toward the pool are quietest. Call Lori Hollifield if you have any concerns or special...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your comments and providing such a great overview of many of the things we have to offer here at the Crowne Plaza. You have highlighted many of our strong points and also clarified a few things that we are in the process of working on as we continue our enhancements. We look forward to a return visit from you in future, and let us know in advance if we can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I'm currently staying here as I write this. I didn't sleep at all due to the noises of moths and other various bugs flitting around. Finally fell asleep a little while ago and was rudely awakened by housekeeping! They barged in my door without knocking! When she saw me , of course she apologized but by then it was a little late. I'm frustrated and disgusted.

• Stayed March 2012
LoriHol, Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Despite all the constructive criticism, I am very glad you had such a great breakfast experience with our omelet attendant, and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you for your comments. Lori Hollifield Manager On Duty
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Course is pathetic,still. Played here two years ago and couldn't believe the condition of the fairways. Spotty,dead patches everywhere. And the greens were just as bad. Nothing has changed.I asked a maintenance man who was mowing at the time when was the last time the course was over-seeded. He told me they don't over-seed because the owner of the hotel is to cheap to pay for it. There seems to be a lot at this hotel that is done on the cheap.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Warren H
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
I am very sorry that you were so displeased with the condition of our golf course during you previous visits. I'm not sure what time of the year you played the course two years ago, but playing golf during the late winter is a bit of a gamble anywhere in the Asheville area due to the thawing and freezing of the course. Within the last week or so since your review was posted, temperatures in the 70's and a nice round of spring rain has really brought the course to life and it is actually in good shape compared to other local courses I have played. For $18 (9 holes and cart) on the weekdays or $20 on the weekends, I doubt you can find a better bargain course anywhere in the area. Our owner has made so many amazing enhancements to the property since transitioning from a Holiday Inn Sunspree to a Crowne Plaza Resort, and we are actively investigating who made such an outrageous comment to one of our guests. Thank you for your feedback.
Tennessee
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I was very happy with our stay here. Pricing was very comparable for allowing our dog to stay. Room was very clean and up-to-date. We were literally only five minutes from downtown Asheville. They seem to be doing some renoviations in the hallways (which is needed).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple