“Great food, friendly servuce”
Review of The Corner Kitchen

The Corner Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: All Soul's Crescent
Description: Lots of places do Farm to Table, the difference is what happens in between.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I had lunch at the Corner Kitchen and loved it. It was my first time visiting, but I will definitely be back

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our dinners and service were exceptional! We dined outside and it was just one of those perfect experiences. The menu was well composed. The server was delightful and so competent. The meals were awesome, delicious! It was casual with a fine dining menu and attentive service. We enjoyed it so much that we returned the next morning for breakfast, which was just as exceptional as our prior evening's dinner! Next time we visit Asheville, we will dine there again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great place to have dinner! We loved it and the food was so delicious and atmosphere was wonderful! Friendly, helpful staff - can't say enough good things about this place!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Small, cramped dining area, small portions...and the food is not good. They rely on tourist that will not be be back.....I will never be back. You could spend your money better at any other place ...always long ticket times..find a better place to eat in Asheville....this place and their prices is a joke.

1  Thank kimmurphy1965
AshevilleNative139, Owner at The Corner Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. I am sorry that your visit with us was not what you expected. Our house is relatively spacious but it is still a house from 1895, so not quite as roomy as some restaurants.

Also, I wish the food had been more to your liking. As your review indicates that you have eaten with us more than once, it would be helpful to me and my staff to know more about what you had with us that was not good.

We never mind constructive criticism. In fact, it is one of the things that has helped us improve the most over the years. And I rarely disagree with a guest. It is always your right to not like what we do. But your review is lacking in detail to the point that it is almost like you did not eat with us. I read every comment card and every comment on the internet about Corner Kitchen. I speak with guests about their visits with us, about half of whom are locals and eat with us multiple times a month. To hear that our "place and prices is a joke" is painful but it is also not something I have ever heard anyone say, in almost 14 years.

We work hard to prepare meals with love and technical skill, with much of the food coming from local farms. We hire staff who are friendly and want to take care of our guests with warmth and care. There are times when we make mistakes, both with food and service, and I would never deny that. So, if you have an interest in truly helping us be better, please drop me a line at kevin@westmorelandscully.com and tell me what we could have done better.

I would also love to have you come back and see us if you would like to discuss that as well. I hope you will help me with this. Either way, thank you again for taking the time to tell us what you thought.

Kevin Westmoreland
Co-owner

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While in the Biltmore Village we found a quaint looking restaurant called the Corner Kitchen. After checking the outside menu we decided to lunch there. The restaurant is in an old house with a very eclectic and charming feel. We ate upstairs and it was nice. The food was excellent, the service very good and the prices reasonable. My only complaint might have been the background music. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it wasn't what I expected. Glad it wasn't loud! We would recommend this place to anyone travelling in the area.