“Special Engagement Weekend!”

Ranked #7 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Special Engagement Weekend!”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My boyfriend (scratch that -- now fiance!) and I got engaged here last month! It was the perfect place for such a special occasion.

I should say upfront that I am not a big "Bed & Breakfast" kind of a person. I tend to prefer modern, trendy hotel to historic places. In fact, I had wanted to stay at Hotel Indigo, but I am so glad that my fiance made this call! I am certain our weekend would not have been as spectacular had we stayed elsewhere.

I'm picky about hotel rooms, but not only was the room impeccably clean and beautiful, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the whirlpool tub was an added bonus! If I were reviewing the Biltmore Village Inn based on the room alone it would have received 5 stars and my highest praise.

But the rest of the Inn is equally impressive. From breakfasts on the porch in the morning to the wine and snacks in the afternoon, the food, company, and peaceful atmosphere make this an amazing place to stay.

We've already recommended it to many of our friends, and we would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wingate room. We were on a budget so we wanted to pick one of the less expensive ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
Sapphire, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We could only be happier if it had been a longer stay! My husband booked this as a surprise for our 25th wedding anniversary. He is an executive chef and it's his busy season, so a longer stay wasn't possible this time of year, but the Biltmore Village Inn gave us the perfect getaway just about an hour from our home up in the mountains, but far enough away to offer a wonderful change of atmosphere and the peace and tranquility we were looking for. We arrived at 3pm on Wednesday and were greeted by the Inn's manager who made us feel right at home offering chilled beverages and providing a private tour of the home and property. Although the inn was fully booked, we didn't run into another guest until nearly midnight when we were enjoying a beautifully relaxing time outside at the patio fire pit which during the daylight hours offers a great view of the distant mountains. This area is put into use as a backdrop for intimate wedding ceremonies and I can see why! There is a separate honeymoon cottage on the property as well for newlyweds and romantics of all ages. There is also a separate executive cottage hidden away behind the trees for anyone wanting a bit more seclusion. We stayed in the main house and just loved the peace and quiet it offered. It was like having that beautiful Victorian mansion all to ourselves. Each common area room is more beautifully decorated than the next. The grounds are serene with beautiful trees and plantings and the perfect wrap-around porch with huge Boston ferns and comfortable furnishings. My husband especially enjoyed rocking away the stresses of life in one of the many rocking chairs! We stayed in the Vanderbilt room and it was exquisite! The four-poster bed was perfectly appointed with crisp linens and just the right amount of pillows and those heavy weighted-feeling blankets that some of us are lucky enough to remember sleeping under at our grandmother's homes years ago. The bathroom was a joy as well. The enormous jetted tub (think candles, flowers and lavender bath salts here) and separate large shower (for the morning) area were perfect. There were two fireplaces in our suite for ambiance and all the extras you could need to relax and have a comfortable stay. We enjoyed Mimosas as we toured the home and property, relaxed with wine and cheese on the wraparound porch later in the afternoon and then went to dinner in Biltmore Village just a few minutes away. When we returned, we soaked in the total bliss of a great bottle of wine fireside before soaking away any shred of stress we may have had left in that glorious jetted tub! After sleeping the sleep of the just, we finally met the other guests during a three-course plated breakfast which was served to us on that wonderful porch. The food was great and the company even better. Again, the manager, Aaron, tended to the guests in a friendly and professional manner ensuring the perfect experience. It was hard to leave, but we were off to a day at the incredible Biltmore Estate and tour of the famous Biltmore House which is only a few minutes from the Biltmore Village Inn! The Biltmore Village Inn offers the perfect location to enjoy a quiet stay just far enough away from home but close to all the entertainment, restaurants, shops and events Asheville has to offer! See you in the fall Aaron!

Room Tip: The Vanderbilt room was perfect, but see their website to view all the rooms and cottages available.
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My husband and I spent our 20th anniversary here. We had never stayed at a B&B before so we were unsure of what to expect. Well, the Biltmore Village Inn exceeded any expectations in almost every way! Bob, John, and Monica were wonderful hosts and made us feel more like friends than guests. Bob greeted us with mimosas and chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate our anniversary. When we got to our room, Bob gave me two beautiful red roses. We loved the gourmet breakfasts and the spectacular mountains views. The Vanderbilt Room is beautifully appointed (as were all the other rooms) and the bathroom is enormous. We will definitely go back!

West Salem, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend planned a romantic getaway for us, and the Biltmore Village in was everything I dreamed of and more. Our room was huge and luxurious. Monica was a wonderful hostess always there to answer our questions and offer great recommendations on local hotspots. And johnathon's three-course ultra-gourmet breakfasts were a perfect and delectable way to start the day. My mouth still waters every time I think of the cheddar sage biscuits. I highly recommend the Biltmore village inn for any couple hoping for a romantic getaway.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Our two room suite in the cottage was very private yet close to the Inn. Monica and John were most gracious hosts and John's cooking was superb. Loved having breakfast one day in the dining room and the next day on the porch with the view of the beautiful garden

1 Thank BarbandBill1208