“Convenient to our hotel”

Cocula Mexican Restaurant II
Ranked #205 of 849 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because of its proximity to our hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by the variety on the menu, and entertained by the colorful interior decor.
We were a mixed group, 2 picky kids, two senior vegetarians, and two young adults. Everyone seemed pleased with their choices. I can personally vouch for the roasted vegetable fajitas, and the salsa bar provided lots of choices. My favorite was a combination of the pineapple and the avocado - some cool sweetness balanced by some heat!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Chosen because it was located close to our hotel this fast paced friendly Mexican restaurant met all our needs. The service was fast and friendly. The food was no frills but very good. There is a salsa bar with multiple choices. The prices were very reasonable. I did not finish my soft drink and was provided with a cover so I could take it with me. Appeared local people were most of the diners on this Sunday evening.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Good solid Mexican food, liked the salsa bar. Food was fresh, service excellent. I ordered the chicken quesadilla, nice mixture of meat and cheese. My husband had the shrimp fajitas, they did not skimp on the shrimp. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Just what we hoped for with simple delicious no-frills Mexican food, buzzy atmosphere & friendly unpretentious service. The restaurant was busy but we didn't have to wait long to be seated. Complimentary tortillas & dip. I very much enjoyed the vegetarian fajitas with salad and re-fried beans (rice an option) & a cold dark beer.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Read some reviews on Trip Advisor and this place was close to where I was staying. Definitely a locals favorite as the parking lot was pretty full at 11:30 even in the rain! Bean dip was a pleasant surprise and the staff recommended the fajita burrito which was excellent. Salsa bar was also a great treat! Definitely would go back.

1  Thank Randy H