“Great Tapas and Wonderful Service”
Review of Zambra

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Haywood Street
Description: Our dynamic menu is the passion of Executive Chef Adam. Adam has attained many influences through his training in Europe and New Orleans. Zambra is his modern vision of the tastes and flavors of the western Mediterranean: Spain, Portugal, Gypsy, and North Africa. As an appropriate accompaniment, we have assembled the region's finest selection of Spanish and New World wines. We have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and our wine list has been voted the best in Asheville.
Reviewed 2 September 2016

We were told by some locals to go here and we were so happy we did. Love the atmosphere and plenty of seating. Small plates came out in a timely manner and each were delicious. All the staff were super friendly and attentive. We ate in the bar area and Trey the bartender was fantastic. He helped me pick out the perfect wine for my taste. Trey also gave us some recommendations on plates to choose. We left full and very happy from a great evening.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We sat at the bar and ate some delicious food, including slow-cooked pork cheek, which was intensely flavorful. Bartender and other staff were very friendly. Pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Ths was probably our favorite place to eat on this trip. The offer, small, medium, and full course meals. We opted for several small so we could share and try different things. The restaurant itself is very eclectic with what looks like the walls and ceiling are falling apart but this is part of the design. Very rustic and bohemian. The food is amazing. We liked the small room called the cave ( not really a cave but small). People were very friendly and fun. An amazing place for amazing food. They have unique drink offerings with quite interesting names. Give it a go and let your hair down. If you want fancy --- fancy it somewhere else. Part of the vibe --- this is the place!!!... We will be back over and again!!!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I can imagine I have whisked myself off to Monte Carlo or Barcelona when I take myself out on a date at Zambra. The sangria is not to be missed (it's like Christmas in a glass, but on the beach); perfect with the pomegranate pork spring rolls and a salad. If I'm lucky I'll buy myself a glass of sparkling wine (or one from their crazy extensive list). Perfect night out!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Menu is a mixture of Spain and northern Africa, primarily Morocco. Try a lot of different dishes and share them with friends to have a true small plates experience. Food uses spices of that region and is well prepared and tasteful.