“Tupelo disappointment”

Ranked #29 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: Our Southern dishes and libations are served with a creative twist and a smile, and we serve our guests nothing that we wouldn't want on our own supper table. When we play with our food (and we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, and our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling and frying, canning and preserving, and utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service very slow. Biscuits were not up to the level I had heard. Honey was a bit bitter. We had lunch here and ordered sandwiches and went with the servers recommendation on mine being the Pork. Portion very small on the Rye bread and the pork taste was a bit reheated if you know what I mean. Pimento cheese burger was a delight. The collards needed something to give it some flavor.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There is a big difference between restaurants with a cook and one with a chef, like Tupelo Honey. Delicious red wine-glazed short ribs (melt-in-your-mouth yumminess), and the shrimp and grits is one of the best anywhere. Laid-back atmosphere. Try it on a random week night; there is always a wait but not nearly as bad as on weekends. This location does not take reservations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place was on my list but I had heard the lines are always long to get in so I originally dismissed my plan to stop. On my last day in Asheville I walked by the place around 1 pm and found no lines so stopped for lunch and got a table right away. Busy but fun, great menu of southern favorites. Food was very good, generous portions, served fairly quickly. So glad I made it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While the food and service was good (I had the buttermilk fried chicken), and I liked the calm/cool atmosphere, I have trouble putting my finger on what all the hoopla is about. I see many reviews about the brunch, so maybe that is their big ticket item. I would visit again, just somewhat let down because of all of the fuss.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We always enjoy eating at Tupelo Honey Café. They usually have a weight, but they call your cell phone or give you a pager. The food is very good and there is a wide variety of options. This is a popular place to go for brunch. You have to try the heirloom tomato bloody Mary's! They are amazing! Good service and great food. I've never been let down. Vegetarians options as well!