“Biscuit Head -- A Taste Sensation”
Review of Biscuit Head

Biscuit Head
Ranked #11 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well, my last trip through Ashville was pretty good. My foodie friend, from work a few years back, gave me a selected list of places in Asheville to check out. Last time I went to Early Girl Eatery in Ashville proper and really enjoyed it. In fact, originally, my plan for today was to go back to Early Girl Eatery and try some more of the menu, but after looking at some other reviews on TA I changed plans and headed here. Biscuit Head does not disappoint on any level. First off the neighborhood appears to have many artisan and craft type places -- independent, local businesses like you don't see many places these days, with several other eateries to explore on future visits. The exterior is very hip but unpretentious. As expected from other reviews there was a line out the door, but that gave us time to peruse the menu which was extensive. I had glanced at the menu previously and quickly chose knowing I would be returning many times already. Even so, I had no idea what I was in store for only a few minutes after placing the order and finding a great table outside in the back on a covered porch that felt like we were sitting at our friend's in late summer -- it was relaxed and easy. We ordered The Asheville benedict, Mimosa fried chicken biscuit, Maple bacon latte (we split it, but that was plenty for both of us), and 2 Sake bloody marys with house-made pickles. Oh, before I get into the food, a couple of other details, the place is both child and dog-friendly, (at least out back, in terms of the dog). I'll start with the drinks -- the Bloody Marys were quite good, not the best I've had, but certainly in the top 75th percentile. They had a couple of homemade pickled chile peppers which were perhaps even a bit better than the drink on it's own. Next, the maple bacon latte was amazing. The flavors blended beautifully like the rest of the food. While I have not had a lot of maple bacon experience in the past I may now be tempted to explore that world, though I think I may have started with a very high bar. Okay, now for the two main dishes. First, the dish I ordered, the benedict. With the first bite, I knew I had a winner, the flavors melded beautifully. You really understood intuitively that this dish was the result of deliberate action -- clearly no accident. This dish was in fact composed by someone with real skill -- who really knew how to use food on the plate like colors on a palate. Biscuit Head had already earned a five-star rating and this just confirmed that. Now for the star of the meal, my partner's dish, the chicken & biscuits -- there is no other word for it than divine. Here the flavors danced in my mouth for a full 2 minutes after I took the bite. the flavors kept unfolding and combining in new ways. There was sweet from the maple and savory from the chicken and the biscuit had the beautiful flaky texture. With this dish, Biscuit Head moved into another realm. It was my new favorite restaurant in this new area of the country for me and I had already eaten at some very good restaurants, restaurants that already were among some of the nicest I had eaten at in a while. What I am trying to say is that Biscuit Head doesn't suck.

1  Thank dalijon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What else can I say; the place is just as good as all the positive TripAdvisor reviews that you will read. The place is fun and kinda funky, the food is delicious and the price is reasonable. Go, eat, enjoy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have enjoyed every visit to Biscuit Head and it has become a legendary place that every visit to it feels me with joy. The variety is big and each one can find their own favorite version of biscuit. This is the perfect place for comfort food - that just feels you up and leaves you with a good feeling behind.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

OMG best biscuits I have ever had and the homemade jams were to die for. If you are in Asheville you have to stop by.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow what a place. We went there on a Wednesday morning at 8am and there was no line. I had the Pulled Pork Biscuit, my wife had the half breakfast, then we shared the biscuit doughnuts. Everything was fantastic. We sampled the many jellies & butters as well. Very affordable and friendly staff.

1  Thank DoombuggyRunner