“Delicious pho...”
Review of Pho-R-Us - CLOSED

Pho-R-Us
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Located in the Skyland Crest shopping center Near US POst Office.
Description: Located in the Skyland Crest shopping center Near US POst Office.
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Before finding this gem in Asheville, I had never had pho. I was so excited to try it. The first night my fiance and I went, they had sadly missed a shipment of beef and could not make any pho! At first, I was very disappointed! We ordered the pork chop instead. My heavens, it was the best pork chop I have ever had. It came served with a delicious, creamy fried egg on top of fluffy white rice. We came back a few nights later to try the pho and it was equally as delicious! This place has a great menu with an array of choices. The price is great for the quality and quantity of food and the service is great. Very friendly atmosphere. One of my new favorites!!

Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

This place is the real deal. It's family owned and the chef is the one who is preparing your meal. We lived in little Vietnam in Washington DC. And this has that beat.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

Don't do what we just did. The operating hours listed on this Tripadvisor page fail to mention that Wild Ginger is closed on Tuesdays. While waiting for my friend to show up, I saw many others try the door unsuccessfully and then either pile back into their vehicle and leave, or head over to Baan Mi Kitchen in the same shopping center. We'll be back. Hope springs eternal even in winter. : )

Reviewed 9 January 2016

We were thrilled to see this reopen as Wild Ginger and to read the positive review in the local paper, since we love us a hot, steaming bowl of pho on a chilly day! We dashed right over after reading the review, and were not disappointed. The restaurant is clean, tidy, and pleasant, and the staff is friendly and attentive. We had the steamed pork/shrimp dumplings as an app (rich and very good with a nice dipping sauce) and then each had a "small" bowl of the B1 (medium rare beef) pho. The soup arrived steaming hot, with a side plate piled with bean sprouts, basil, and fresh lime. (No cilantro, but the soup had some.) We had recently spent a few months on the northwest coast and Vancouver, which has great Asian restaurants, and we thought this was about as good as any we'd had there. The broth was rich and flavorful, but not overly fatty; you could taste the star anise and other flavors but they were balanced. The small portion was plenty for us, especially with the shared appetizer. We each had a glass of French pinot noir with the meal, which was decent and reasonably priced. Looks like this will be a regular part of our restaurant rotation!

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

My family visited this restaurant, recently re-branded as Wild Ginger, the day after Christmas. My husband and I both ordered the Pho Dac Biet. The broth, noodles, roast beef, steak, tendon, tripe were excellent. The meatballs did seem to be homemade, but they were a little tough. I suspect that they had not had food deliveries due to the holiday and that these had been made in advance. I think it was probably not normal for them. The limes, jalapeños, basil, and bean sprouts that accompanied the pho were exceptionally fresh. Staff was very friendly and attentive. We asked for noodles and meatballs for our toddler. They brought them out first and didn't charge us extra! Restaurant is clean, bright, cheerfully decorated, and in good shape. The only anomaly was the ladies room, which had one working lightbulb in a 3-light fixture. That made using the restroom a bit of a spooky experience in near-dark.