“Delicious Pho, great for a rainy/cold day”
Review of Pho-R-Us - CLOSED

Pho-R-Us
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Located in the Skyland Crest shopping center Near US POst Office.
Description: Located in the Skyland Crest shopping center Near US POst Office.
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Wild Ginger is a mom-and-pop type Vietnamese restaurant that uses fresh, quality ingredients. I found the broth a little heavier on the aromatics than I prefer but otherwise delicious. They also offer a good selection of options to customize your Pho to your liking (all the cuts of beef available, even the offals). They also have Bahn Mi on the menu which I didn't get to try but it looked good as well. The appetizers we had (wings and the spring rolls) were all tasty as well. Service was very polite and attentive, they clearly put their customers first. All in all it was just what I needed on a rainy day to make my cold feel better.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Having spent many hours climbing and hiking around Chimney Rock SP, which I highly recommend, I was pretty tired and dehydrated and in need of some carbs. So I checked the TripAdvisor app on my Galaxy S6 Edge and found the nearest and best Vietnamese restaurant where I could gas up on a nice big pho ga (aka chicken noodle soup), one of my favorite ethnic treats that I've had in countries from Europe to the Pacific Rim and throughout North America. Pho R Us, now Wild Ginger, popped up at the top of my list and the S6 Edge computed the best route there within a few seconds. After a 40 minute or so drive through the apple country, I arrived at the little plaza on Hendersonville Rd where, it seems, a few other Asian establishments exist, too. Wild Ginger is a typical simple Vietnamese restaurant, nothing fancy, but clean, light and airy. I ordered a regular sized pho ga and some nice cool soft spring rolls, with pork, rice, cilantro and whatever else. My pho arrived before the rolls. When the rolls showed up, they were the fried crispy Thai kind, hot as can be. Perhaps the server misunderstood. But I ate most of them anyway and they were pretty good. Yes, I should have sent them back. The veggie plate which accompanies all phos was chock full of mung bean sprouts, but sadly lacking in greens. One small sprig of basil; no cilantro at all. Very disappointing. The pho itself was okay, dark, beefy, reasonably flavorful when boosted with Sriracha, but not hot enough to "cook" the cold bean sprouts when I dumped them in. Pho broth should be served as hot as possible; it will never get hotter at the table. The chicken (ga) in my pho was not the typical shredded or chopped kind that is preferred, but thin sliced pieces that appeared to come from the deli counter at the super market. So I ate what I could, got rehydrated and carbed up, and jumped back on the road to Hendersonville. Not great, not bad, but certainly better than no pho at all. Hardly amazing and nothing close to the phos served up at our local favorite, Saigon Cafe, down home in the Hilton Head area.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

If you are seeking a large bowl of healthy warming food, this should be right up there on your list. All sorts of combinations of noodles, proteins, veggies and stock are available from which to choose. Every member of our party was happy with their selection.

1  Thank Loretta P
Reviewed 23 August 2015

My wife had Sotanghon; I had veggie Pho soup. My wife enjoyed her Sotanghon; my Pho was tasteless. If I went without my wife I would have to give it one star. Perhaps they made a mistake with the Pho- I don't know. It is a Filipino restaurant now and before it was Vietnamese. My wife tasted it and said, "Maybe they don't know how to make Pho." My wife ordered something to go. I will try it one more time before I cross it off my list of restaurants to go to.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

The food is simple and perfect! The banh mi was incredible!!! This is a must have! The pho is so good, and the rice is fluffy and perfect. Really love this place! Can't recommend it enough.