“Great Mexican Buffet!”

El Charro
Ranked #532 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Very fresh buffet with an excellent choice of options! I love making a taco salad. Today there was baby shrimp and fish! I ate too much but just couldn't help myself. They keep it replenished and the wait staff are attentive and friendly. You can order off the menu too although I never have. The dishes being brought out for customers who did looked incredible!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I had the buffet on Sunday for lunch. There was something for everyone, even someone who doesn't like Mexican food and could have fried chicken. The staff was attentive, refiling beverages and removing used plates.

They have traditional food you can make on the buffet such as taco salad, but they also had some more Mexican rather than Tex-Mex food to. A great assortment on the buffet.

I was a little hesitant as it is in an office strip center, but the food is great and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Food was great. Drinks were delicious and service was great. Our server Blanca was wonderful. Will visit again.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

This was our 2nd trip, and most likely our last. With so many Mexican options in Asheville, no reason to be disappointed. The most frustrating part of this visit was arguing over the bill. A sign as you walked in advertised a Tuesday Special, any combo and a Coke $6. When the bill arrived, my combo was $7.75 and my Coke was $1.99. After the first round of discussions, the price of the combo was dropped to $6 but still had to pay for my Coke. I was told the sign was wrong. The food was ok at best, I do enjoy the salsa bar...but again, so many other options to try no reason to come back. Next time think about honoring your advertised daily specials and a server that pays a little more attention.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Meh. Really ordinary Mexican food. VERY oily. The guacamole was weird. No tomatoes, tiny portion, very salty and SPICY. Never had guacamole with heat before. Portions were generous. Server was super nice. Inside was cold. Not cozy. We won't be back.