“Very nice ”

El Charro
Ranked #541 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Food was great. Drinks were delicious and service was great. Our server Blanca was wonderful. Will visit again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

This was our 2nd trip, and most likely our last. With so many Mexican options in Asheville, no reason to be disappointed. The most frustrating part of this visit was arguing over the bill. A sign as you walked in advertised a Tuesday Special, any combo and a Coke $6. When the bill arrived, my combo was $7.75 and my Coke was $1.99. After the first round of discussions, the price of the combo was dropped to $6 but still had to pay for my Coke. I was told the sign was wrong. The food was ok at best, I do enjoy the salsa bar...but again, so many other options to try no reason to come back. Next time think about honoring your advertised daily specials and a server that pays a little more attention.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Meh. Really ordinary Mexican food. VERY oily. The guacamole was weird. No tomatoes, tiny portion, very salty and SPICY. Never had guacamole with heat before. Portions were generous. Server was super nice. Inside was cold. Not cozy. We won't be back.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

and they got both orders wrong. As someone with food allergies, if I ask you to leave off that item, I expect you to leave it off. With the upcharge for the delivery service, my burrito came to 15. WILL NOT BE BACK HERE

Reviewed 11 August 2016

You can smell this place as soon as you get out of your car. We were seated right away. They had a small buffet but we decided on the fajitas for two. You get a generous portion of fajita but there are more vegetables than meat. You only get one serving of beans and one serving of rice with salad on each plate. Everywhere we have ordered this before we got two beans and rice. Afterall it is fajitas for two. But I would eat here again. The taste and smell was delicious.