“Worth the splurge ”

The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had never been to the Biltmore and decided to visit in our way home from Myrtle Beach. Great decision! We splurged and stayed at the Inn with the Candlelight package. It included lots of things which made it well worth the price. The breakfast buffet was beautiful and delicious. The Inn is amazing! Our room was great, valet service and shuttle service were very helpful. We even had a red rose bud put on our bathroom vanity while we were at dinner. Great visit of an amazing American landmark!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Bilt M, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn on Biltmore Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate! Thank you for sharing your kind words.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I booked a two night stay in a grand king room which afforded us the use of the Chateau Tier concierge lounge. Our stay also included the Christmas lights evening tour of Biltmore House, and a buffet breakfast each morning. Our room was quite large with two comfortable chairs and a large picture window with a nice view. We thoroughly enjoyed our two days. The house was not crowded for the evening tour, the breakfast buffet was excellent and the concierge lounge, although small, was well stocked the beverages and snacks late afternoon and evening. The shuttle bus is the best way around the estate.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and delightfully detailed review. We are honored to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a double room with view of the mountains here in late October 2017. The lobby is amazing and the front desk staff very friendly and accommodating - but the rooms are just average for paying over $600 a night. I hate to be so stuffy, but I felt this was more of a 350-450 night experience - and the restaurant needs to not try to hard. I booked afternoon high tea and it's too fancy really which sounds funny - but the food was over the top and we just wanted good tea ( which the tea was GOOD! ) and normal high tea finger sandwiches and cheeses, etc - I don't even think a true foodie would have enjoyed the experience. I did love the staff and coffee service early morning as we had to leave very early the day day - toiletries in bathroom were very nice. I also felt Biltmore needs to up their game on Antler Village - not a whole lot to do but eat and drink. The hotel at Antler Village looked like a glorified holiday inn from 1980 - and it's rather pricey too. I just don't think I would do it again which is a bummer because the estate and property is gorgeous - and it's very convenient to use their shuttle bus system from their hotel properties. If the price were better I wouldn't be so picky if that makes sense.

Room Tip: Request room with a view because the mountains are majestic there!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. While we did extensive research in selecting furnishings, we are sorry to hear they did not meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate guest comments. We have documented your feedback for discussions about any future changes.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a trip. The Inn is beautiful and the service is exceptional. I would highly recommend it for a couples get away. We did the spa which was very nice. We ate in the dining room for breakfast and dinner. We didn't do the high tea, but I heard people say it was an experience.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Bilt M, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn on Biltmore Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you are able to visit again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the Biltmore Inn earlier this year with my wife. Although our room was comfortable, nicely decorated and furnished, it was on the small side by American standards and, with a king-sized bed, felt somewhat cramped. The bathroom seemed a little “dated” and the small shower enclosure rather claustrophobic.

We had dinner at the hotel on one evening and I have to say that the food was disappointing – my wife’s main course was cold when it arrived but, as we were dining with friends who had recommended that we stayed at the Inn, she decided not to complain. At $175, including tax and a gratuity, for the two of us the meal was overpriced.

We also had afternoon tea at the hotel. To anyone thinking about doing so, I have only one word of advice – don’t!

Afternoon tea, like most things at the Biltmore Inn, is expensive and a far cry from what I had expected. Certainly it is not afternoon tea in the “English” style – no sandwiches, scones with cream, or cakes. We did have what I would describe as “sweetmeats” [dictionary definition – “an item of confectionery or sweet food”], a small slice of plain madeira cake and a small selection of cheese and biscuits (cheese and biscuits for tea?).

Also, for what is meant to be a “premier” hotel, I would have expected a full breakfast service, rather than a “buffet” breakfast – particularly as I was invited to leave a gratuity for the restaurant staff. I’m still not sure what “service” I was being asked to pay for.

All in all, I have to say that I thought that our stay at the Biltmore Inn was rather disappointing. The hotel is pretentious and overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flying_Scotsman_10

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay.