All reviews front desk the breakfast area king suite pull out bed room was clean indoor pool oatmeal tunnel road living area free breakfast exercise room great place to stay would stay again nice stay mini fridge close to downtown minute drive
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pros

Nice clean room
Suite has a very functional sleeper sofa with trundle
Quiet Room
Friendly Staff - all working very hard.

Cons

Limited Parking -SAFETY CONCERN
- if you stay out past 8 pm, you will need to park at the Carrabas Restaurant parking lot and walk over to the hotel on the road with cars passing you without any defined pedestrian walkways. Unsafe for you and your car. BE AWARE OF THIS OUTRAGEOUS THREAT TO YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY!!!!!!

Limited CONTINENTAL Breakfast
- Not Good. No fresh fruit.
- TOO SMALL OF AN AREA
- understaffed. The staff must COOK, STOCK, and CLEAN the tiny serving area all with 2 people. It’s a ownership choice to limit the availability.
- NO BREAKFAST MEATS. NO BACON. NO SAUSAGE. NO HAM.
- PLAN TO DRINK COFFEE ONLY and choke down whatever might be available.
- Truly a continental breakfast and not a full breakfast.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been spoiled by Marriott, so I was a bit apprehensive about staying at Springhill Suites, but we had a travel package to stay for a week on points & decided to try it. All staff we met were friendly & eager to help. The suite was just right for a week - microwave, fridge & sink in a small "kitchen" space, with sofa in a separate area from the bed & enough space to not feel crammed in. Small workout area with 2 treadmills & 2 bikes, only saw 1 other person using them on several days. Breakfast was OK - always eggs & either bacon or sausage, but also fruit, breads & oatmeal to have choices. Request to fix a closet door knob that fell loose was handled quickly when I left a note for housekeeping. Several restaurants close by - Carrabba's Italian Grill is an easy walk, but food was horrible & staff a bit surly, so just drive down the street. Cornerstone is an easy drive to the right & much, much better. Hotel location is great - midway between downtown Asheville & Biltmore, but also easy drive to Blueridge Parkway. Only downside is that the smoking area is right outside front door, so had to walk through that, but would stay again despite that.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was in town for 3 nights. Very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Layout of suite is a little odd. Pool could have been a bit warmer. Driveway is difficult to see off of Tunnel Rd. Overall enjoyable stay.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We asked for a quiet room down the hall. We did not hear other guests. We were tired after a long day of driving.The staff (Ryan & Joe J. the D.J.) were very helpful with advice for Biltmore Estate. Patrica made breakfast very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms up high
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

When my wife books a hotel she almost always books a Marriott Hotel. We needed a guest bed for our twenty something daughter for two of our four nights in Asheville so Springville fit the bill.

Check in went quickly and the agent pleasant. The contemporary design and freshness of the hotel was appreciated.

There are really no upscale amenities. It’s basic sheets, towels and very basic soap and shampoo.

The cleaning service knocked on our door at 10:50 AM - I was on a conference call and I asked them to come back after noon, they never returned.

We had three in the room and we took showers in the morning and afternoon as we were attending a cocktail party. It’s nice to have a change of towels and for someone to carry out the garbage. Never happened on one day. When they nicked the second day at an earlier hour I called to ensure they sent someone to clean the room when we left.

I went out for breakfast each morning as the food should is highly processed. Aside from the waffles on the weekends the rest was questionable.

The eggs instant, turkey bacon completely processed to look like bacon but with the texture of wallpaper. The sausages were interesting, tasted like Mr. Clean. Their bagels were flat and in hermetically sealed plastic packaging so they can last for months. Everything’s processed, loaded with sugars or fake. People were eating it, so maybe its good if it floats your boat.

The smoking lounge is at the front door of the hotel. Every time we entered we would see a half dozen smokers in their finest tank tops and bedroom slippers smoking at the front door. I can’t think of a better way to make a hotel look like a homeless shelter.

It wasn’t a perfect stay. It’s physically not a bad property and the staff were overly nice. I’d just set your expectations. The food will fill you and if your not health conscious it’s perfect.

It’s a bit unfortunate you have to walk thru smoke to get into the front door. Again, if it doesn’t bother you, it’s perfect.

The cleaning issues were timing related and perhaps an overly busy maid.

We would consider staying again, however if look at the other options and compare first.

Stayed: October 2018
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear TRAVELINGCWS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory stay. We strive to maintain the highest standards in all aspects of our operation and it is clear we fell short of our goal during this stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences and honest feedback is essential for us to do so.

I have utilized your comments about your housekeeping encounters as a teachable moment for my team. I understand it was frustrating to request service at a later time only to return and find out this was not honored. I sincerely apologize and assure you I have worked with my team to make sure this does not occur again.

I appreciate your thoughts on our breakfast - we work hard to offer the healthiest options allowed within brand standards and our team works hard to ensure everything is cooked and stored properly. I understand you prefer healthier options for breakfast and have shared your comments with our above property team so they can continue to improve the brand standards for our hotels.

As a non smoker as well I definitely understand how frustrating it is to walk through a cloud of smoke anywhere. We do our best to keep guests at least 10 feet from our entrance and keep the designated smoking area away from the doors. Unfortunately not everyone is respectful of this. We are aware of this issue and do address this often with those guests directly. I will ensure everyone on my team is diligent with this.

I am glad to hear my team was friendly and I hope we have the opportunity to improve upon your stay should your travels bring you back to Asheville.

Amanda Cleveland