“I voiced my complaints on the way out the door...I received a stare and a nod....”

SpringHill Suites Asheville
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 April 2012

No great shakes folks! Do the Hampton next door! When I complained I got a nod and a stare, I guess if I stood there long enough he would have had to say something.....last time I complained at a LaQuinta the guy comped my room while I stood there and said it was not necessary to do so. These folks are in a stupor, unresponsive, they don't care about you. Okay the hallway was colder than I could get my room with the air all the way up. The mattresses are like sleeping on the ground. In breakfast room at 6:30....breakfast on weekends start at 7 instead off six. They run this place for there own convenience not yours. So okay I'll settle for a cup of Coffee....NO...wait, they are out of decaf Coffee! Really? I blame the manager for this....that's where the buck stops....get out of your office, look at things, wake up your sleepy staff, talk to the guests, when was the last time you did that? That's what I thought, and that attitude comes across loud and clear.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Critic53
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Lester53

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues that had during your stay with us. We strive to ensure that every guest has clean, comfortable room and an enjoyable stay. I am sorry that we feel short of that during your time with us. While we were not able to make an adjustment in your bill since you were not paying for the room, I was able to post some bonus points to your Marriott Rewards account for your inconvenience.

Again, please accept my apologizes.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Tennessee
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Good location and very nice hotel! The rooms were more spacious than expected and very clean. We loved it and would definitely recommend it to anyone in staying in the Asheville area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KDM4E
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear KDM4E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed our studio suite set up that we have here. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.
knoxville
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We visited this property in May 2010 (not May 2011, that was the furthest back I could choose in the dropdown box) for our honeymoon. I believe we stayed 5 nights and were satisfied with the accommodations. The staff (maybe intentionally?) booked us in a corner room on the top floor, so we had no noise issues. The bedroom was comfortable, albeit cramped with the large (and powerful) A/C unit under the window. We did have issues getting connected to the wifi, but after tweaking and a couple of a phone calls to the front desk, we got it sorted out - something about a problem with their service provider, I believe. Breakfast was good, typical hotel breakfast buffet... but please make sure waitstaff are checking expiration dates when appropriate, I found several cartons of yogurt that were quite expired. Overall, not a bad stay.

However, I was pretty disappointed that no extra effort or attention was given to helping us make our stay memorable - after all, even though we were on a tight budget for our trip, we chose your SpringHill Suites property for our honeymoon! We may return to Asheville for an anniversary trip, but not sure if we will revisit this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank littlemrslarge
Winston Salem, NC
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Handy to get downtown from here. The rooms were nicely appointed and clean. Staff was very gracious and the noise from the highway was tolerable (you might ask for a parking lot side room). It is very close to the mall, eating establishments, etc. If you have stayed at SHS before, this is a very nice property. Not luxury, but very nice accommodations for the price.

Room Tip: Parking lot side rooms should be quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Docinnc
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Docinnc,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your time in Asheville. We do have some great local restaurants in town and we are very proud of that reputation.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I was impressed by the SpringHill Suites. I have stayed in many hotels. This by far was the best stay and rest I've ever had. I felt welcome, comfortable, clean and we had a good time here. Especially nice was Mathew. He heard what I wanted, made a view sugestions and there it was, service. The entire staff at SpringHill Suites made our stay very enjoyable. Because of the service at this property, I believe the other guest were more friendly and happier which only added to the warm fuzzy feeling we got here. We had stayed at a Hilton in Johnson City TN the night before and had a terrible time. Thank you SpringHill Suites, we know exactly where to come to next time.

Room Tip: Ask about the number of beds and the sizes you want for the number of guest you have. They will find...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark B
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Mark B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay and thank you for the positive comments regarding our hotel, staff and our employee Matthew. Our staff gets so excited when they are mentioned in a positive review and they really strive to offer the highest level of guest service possible.

Thank you again Mark, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.