“EXTREME COMFORT!”

Renaissance Asheville Hotel
Ranked #27 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Was staying here for a training/conference and was given a single room with a KING SIZED BED and great view of the city and the mountains!

Great place to stay! Staff was super helpful!

Room Tip: I had no choice for the room I was given but I had a great stay!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We only stayed one night and did not use any of the hotel facilities so I can't speak about those, however I can say that the hotel lobby and room were very well appointed and the room very comfortable. It was very nicely decorated and obviously a "higher" end hotel. Even though the bathroom was on the small size, we were very happy with our hotel selection! But even better was the customer service when I realized I left my personal and quite expensive pillow in the room. I called and left a voicemail with the housekeeping manager. When I didn't hear back from her that day I assumed getting my pillow back was a lost cause. However she called me back in a couple of days, had my pillow and shipped it to me free of charge even after I offered to give her my credit card to bill the charges to. That is above and beyond in my book!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeverlyArkansas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Very good modern hotel in downtown. Lobby area's very tastefully decorated. Reception went very smoothly. The lobby bar can be noisy at end of day. Restaurant very modern. Only complaint concerns Dining. After a day at the Biltmore came back and didn't want to go walking around area for dining, only wanting burger or sandwich, Went down to dining room and were told only way we could get that type of meal was to use room service. Bummer, wanted more than to sit in room at desk chair to eat. Room was spacious and well appointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is a nice place. BUT...I've only seen bathrooms this small in Manhattan. Were it not for the curved shower curtain rod, my shoulders would have touched the tile wall and the shower curtain. Everything about it was tiny. The hotel also had some event going on almost the entire time which made parking a hassle. Something I've never seen in a hotel before is that they sell memberships to local residents to use their fitness room. It was nicely furnished for a hotel fitness room, but not to be an open to the public health club. Staff was nice but a bit confused on a few things. Location was right in the middle of everything downtown and within walking distance. I would stay here again, but could see some of these faults being real issues.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank brucedavidb
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before and after renovations! The new look of the lobby area is sleek and swank. Employees are obviously well-trained. Front desk check-in was friendly and efficient.

The location can't be beat and free parking is a BIG plus in downtown Asheville. Again, walking distance to everything is a treat in any city.

Rooms - views from either side of the hotel are exceptional. Request as high as possible. Four elevators do the job. For those who complain about the size of the rooms/bathrooms: How long could you possibly stay in your room/bathroom if you are in Asheville? The rooms are spotless, the linens and flat-screen TV are top-notch. The bathroom has plentiful Aveda amenities. The space allotted to these areas is small, but great attention is taken to provide everything possibly needed for guest's comfort. And isn't that what is called for when travelling?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple