“Gentle Flight, Nice scenery, Couteous Staff...AWSOME Exprience”

Asheville Hot Air Balloons
More attraction details
Owner description: Asheville Hot Air Balloons LLC flies across the Hominy Valley amidst the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains. The views of Cold Mountain, Mt. Pisgah and Mt. Mitchell are astounding! Flights are one-hour at sunrise and cost $235 per person for a shared gondola and $600 for a private couple flight with a bottle of Chateau Biltmore Champagne. Discounts offered for groups of six or more people.
Valley Cottage, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gentle Flight, Nice scenery, Couteous Staff...AWSOME Exprience”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

As I said Gentle Flight, Nice scenery, Couteous Staff...AWSOME Exprience. It was worth every penny, Will do it again, if in the area and definately recoment to anyone with bucket list (like me) or no list at all. From booking to flight........ excellent.

Visited November 2011
AshevilleHAB, General Manager at Asheville Hot Air Balloons, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Laiq,
Thanks so much for the positive review. It was our pleasure to take you up in the most beautiful place to fly in the USA. Please come again and we will offer you 15% off per passenger.
Phyllis
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

wellington,Floria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“awesome experience”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I chose to do a hot air balloon ride for our 30th anniversary. Booked a solo balloon but when we got to the meeting place, a pilot called out sick. They were looking for 4 people to not go out, but my husband and I decided to double up with another solo couple. The other couple were great, we all had a great time. My husband has a hard time walking, and the staff was very patient and accommodating. Being short myself, I do wish they had a step stool to assist into the balloons.
The ride was awesome, and our pilot Jim Barnett was informative and did an excellent job of landing. I would recommend this company to anyone who wishes a beautiful ride over the Asheville area. Adriennepollack@yahoo.com

Visited October 2011
2 Thank nursepower10
Halifax, NS
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Awesome experience, definitely recommend it!”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have wanted to do a balloon ride for some time and with some persuasion, convinced my husband to do this with me. He was resluctant at first because he has a fear of heights, but he ended up enjoying it very much. I chose this company for a few reasons 1. the promptness and professionalism when returning my phone call 2. the web site was very informative and was able to answer my questions and 3. company does not charge you up front and then only issue a credit note if the flight is cancelled. Many of the companies I called would only issue a credit for future use and not a refund, as we were in Asheville on vacation from Nova Scotia, the chances of us getting back was not likely and this is not a small amount of money we are talking about.

The meeting place is very easy to find, the preliminary safety information easy to understand. The team asked if anyone wanted to help with the balloon set up and my husband volunteered. The team are happy to answer questions and are very friendly and knowledgeable. We were in the air for about 40 minutes and then the winds changes, so we came in for the landing. We landed on a road near the high school and the "chase team" was right there to assist with the landing. There is no actual sense of motion, just floating, so you do not need to worry about motion sickness. The views are amazing, be sure to bring a camera or video camera. Wear sturdy shoes, jeans and a sweater. A reasonable amount of agility is needed to climb in and out of the basket and you must be able to stand for about an hour. Also, there is access to bathrooms at the meeting point only, so there will be about 2 hours without facilities (not a problem for most, but good to know just in case). The entire adventure from meeting to drop off was just over 3 hours. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and thought it was good value for money spent. We do not hesitate to recommend this company to others interesting in trying a hot air balloon adventure.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Michelle B
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing, Breathtaking and Perfectly Unforgettable”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I surprised my wife with a balloon ride on our honeymoon and we were BOTH pleasantly surprised! We took off first, so seeing the top of the second balloon was just the start of many spectacular views. The sun cast unique light and shadows on the mountains and countryside. It was a truly peaceful feeling as we literally floated throgh the air. Rick was fun, funny and knowledgable as he pointed out the landmarks of the area. It was nice to know that we could see three states! (TN, NC, SC). Beginning to end, this was the ride of a lifetime. Highly recommended

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Jeff O
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bucket list item done and a richer person for it”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

From talking it all through before hand, ease of booking, through to the event itself I cannot recommend this team strongly enough. Great, great experience, fantastic pilot who made us feel so at ease and a flight which will stay with me forever. Plus Stephen Fry flew with this team - even cooler. Thank you Asheville, I will be back

1 Thank DCsmiling