“Gourmets Delights with an Artistic Flair”

The Chocolate Fetish
Ranked #1 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Home of America's Best Truffles™ and Ecstasy Truffles™ Premium American and European style chocolates.Discerning chocolate lovers have been enjoying quality, award winning, handmade chocolates from The Chocolate Fetish since 1986. We use only the finest ingredients and all our signature products are made in small batches to assure you receive maximum freshness. We do not use chemical preservatives or vegetable oilsLocated on Haywood Street in Downtown Asheville. On street parking available as well as three nearby parking garages.
Newtown, Connecticut
“Gourmets Delights with an Artistic Flair”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This Asheville chocolatier can be crowded, but for good reason. On a recent trip to the Asheville area, my sister insisted on stopping by the Chocolate Fetish for an after-dinner treat. Pure kismet!!! I came across these chocolate dinosaurs---a perfect souvenir for a scientist friend. The present was so well-received, he asked for an Easter present from the same establishment. They delivered with panache: a white-chocolate dinosaur egg filled with baby dinosaurs and nonpareils. In sum, gourmet delights with great service and an artistic flair. A required stop for any chocolate-lover's visit to Asheville.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Bronx, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“perfection!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

incredible and delicious chocolates of almost every imaginable variety. very friendly and knowledgeable staff

Visited April 2012
North Carolina
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

After reading the reviews, my expectations were high and quite frankly reality fell short.

First: Taste/Texture
The truffles are creamy but whose truffles aren't? We tried the amaretto and the kahlua and cream. I could not taste either flavor in the truffles. We also tried a milk raspberry round. It was a wafer with very flavorful sour raspberries. I loved this piece.

Second: Service
Since I was sharing with my son, I asked if I could get a knife. The employee told me that if I gave her the chocolate, she could cut it. She pulled a knife out of a drawer that looked like the catch all drawer in my kitchen and when she was done, she placed the knife back in the drawer. It was not cleaned. Additionally, if you want to eat your chocolate there, you get a lovely silver plate. People put their used plates back in the pile that the employees are using to serve you because there is no clear instruction on where new versus used plates are to be placed.

I agree with the reviewer who stated the employees are neither friendly, nor rude. They just wait on you. Nothing more. However, there are tip jars in multiple locations as if they give excellent service.

Third: Price
Price is relative to what you are used to paying. My three pieces were just under $10.

Fourth: Display
Their displays are eye catching. They have all sorts of bunnies and eggs in addition to all the other displays. I was surprised that they had a bunny with chocolate poop trailing behind it.

Overall:
Since my mother lives in Europe, I have been to shops with more flavorful, melt in your mouth chocolate, gorgeous displays (I will be happy to send you a picture of the difference) and outstanding customer service. I was hoping for this type of experience, but was disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
Avery County NC
“Very Good but very expensive”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great selections...great selections.....very good truffles...but pricey...service was good. we walked out with a small bag of chocolates for just at 30 bucks.

Visited March 2012
Ithaca, New York
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

An amazing place in downtown Ashville. The chocolates are some of the very best we have ever tasted, including those in France and Italy. They have a clean fresh taste that is unique and hard to describe, but unforgettable. The display of hand-made chocolate rabbits and eggs(it was pre-Easter)was remarkable. The variety of chocolates available was huge and everything was superb. A little of this goes a long way, but you savor every bite. Prices were not bad- certainly at or below some of the chain chocolate and fudge shops you see elsewhere; especially given the quality.
Pretty little shop tucked away on a side street near The Grove Arcade, it is worth a special visit.

Visited March 2012