“Smells too good not to try!”
Review of Chai Pani

Chai Pani
Ranked #29 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Innovative, fun, affordable, delicious, mind blasting Indian Cuisine featuring "chaat" - crunchy, spicy, sweet, tangy, brightly flavored Indian street snacks and "Thalis" - traditional family meals highlighting India's amazing culinary diversity. Recommended by the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Bon Appetite, Food & Wine and GQ Magazine.
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
“Smells too good not to try!”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

You can't walk by and not want to go in because it smells so good! Never tried Indian food before. My daughter has wanted to go for a year. Very cute, small restaurant. Colorfully decorated. The waiter was very nice and we asked what he recommended. My daughter and I shared three different small plates. Excellent! I only gave 4 stars just because I can only handle eating so much of this food, however, it was very delicious! We look forward to going back and trying another dish. I liked that I read on their website they do not add any artificial anything. And the price is awesome!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank NCFAM03
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Kansas City
“Fabulous flavors”
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

This was a Trip Advisor find and highly recommended by the locals. We went on Friday night about 6:00 so we could listen to more of the drumming in Pritchard Park, right in the heart of downtown. It was about half full, the service was great, and the food...oh, what happy mouths. The decor is simple and attractive with colorful photographs of daily life in India. There are a few tables outside as well, but we ate inside. I had the Thali fish special and my partner had the chicken special-both were excellent. We also had wine/beer with dinner. This was an extraordinarily inexpensive meal (including 2 beers and 2 glasses of house wine plus a good tip for less than $50) for very high quality food, lovely atmosphere and great service. All our questions were answered and anticipated. A very pleasant experience.

1 Thank RealfoodKC
Southern Indiana
“Very tasty...”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. Not being all that familiar with Indian street food, we asked our waiter to bring out a selection of two or three things he'd recommend we try. We were not disappointed! He did a great job in the selection and his service was fantastic...

Visited April 2012
Charlotte
“The price is right; the spice is right”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Chai Pani is one of those places that simply requires many visits, because the menu is so appealing that you have to go back many times to try everything. I got a lunch special - red curry, which was plentiful, spicy and delicious. My lunch partner got the Tandori fish wrap and she raved about it. While I have heard that the fries are to die for, we got the side salad, because of the cilantro-lime-cumin dressing and it was great. The price is right; the spice is right - PLEASE go to this place!

• Visited April 2012
nc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Loved the atmosphere and would love to go back for a full meal.

Visited April 2012