Ghost Hunters of Asheville
Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Downtown Walking Ghost Tour

I did this tour with a couple of friends. Savannah was our tour guide, and she told a lot of great... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
DRoush
Port Charlotte, Florida
We loved Pepper!

I went with my family of adults who were from out of town. We did the Montford tour. Pepper was... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Sara P
via mobile

All reviews our tour guide local lore asheville's history love history great guide orbs montford photos stories mist murder homes interact pace
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the intricate history of Asheville. The stories of drama and ghosts were very entertaining! It was a great way to tour this beautiful city and be educated! We would absolutely do this again!

Reviewed 22 October 2015

My husband & I took this tour on a Tues 10/20 the guide was very informative and a lot of fun. I have been on ghost tours in New Orleans, Key West, Chicago, & London ( ok London was more of a pub crawl) and this one was a lot of fun. Do not miss it - spooky and fun!

Reviewed 6 October 2015

We weren't into the ghost part of it, the kids weren't into the history part of it going in. But we all came away enjoying the total experience. The company does a great job of weaving everything together so everybody in the family is happy.

2  Thank scflowerguy
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Definitely recommend - it was really cool! Lots of spooky stories about Asheville and the city's history as we walked around town. My 8 yo son was with us and he enjoyed it as well. We used electromagnetic sensors, temperature gauges and dowsing rods in ghost hot-spots. We did come to a spot where we actually saw a shadow of a person who was not present. The guide said that a camera (not a phone) might have gotten some pictures of ghosts - the photos he showed us were all taken by people who had attended and not by the guides. I want to go on another one!

Reviewed 27 September 2015

The #1 rated tour did not run on Mondays (when we were available), so we tried this one. It was OK. Our tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable, but it just wasn't quite up to par with the ones we have been on before (Victoria, BC & New Orleans). The gear that you get to use was a plus and fun, but there was no access to any places other than the street...I didn't feel "in the know" or like I was getting anything other than a street tour.

ghostlady2, Owner at Ghost Hunters of Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

I'm sorry you were disappointed that we seemed more of a street tour, but unfortunately none of the ghost tours (even, as you call them the #1 ghost tour) go inside any buildings. Indeed, we go into haunted areas (e.g. memorial gardens, et.al.) the other tour does not not and, of course, the trolley tours cannot get up close and personal at all. Guests who have taken both walking ghost tours with both of the owners said the other was far more historical whereas ours focused more on the paranormal and actual ghost information and contact. We may not have been up to your standards, but unfortunately, I don't think anyone offers you your vision in Asheville. It is true ghost tours differ widely everywhere.