Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
US$ 96
Country Inn
Comfort Inn Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
Sleep Inn West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
US$ 118
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 180
US$ 163
Renaissance Hotels
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 106
US$ 71
QualityInn
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 229
US$ 172
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$ 264
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$ 394
Travelocity
1,627 results
All reviewspenthouse suitecorner roomgrove arcadewithin walking distancefloor to ceiling windowshuge showerfiltered watermodern hotelself parkingwalk in showerhigh floorgreat view of the mountainsoff the highwaygreat roommini fridgeking bedbiltmore estate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We did not have a reservation as we were on a spontaneous road trip. The front desk was attentive and gave us a room on the 8th floor.Within 25 minutes we were in our room. Nice view facing north of the city. The room was clean and modern. Nice bathroom. Close walking distance to everything in downtown. Parking garage was included in price of the room. I gave it 3 stars because it was nice and average for the cost. Was not an exceptional deal or exceptional experience. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors for a view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sueski99
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Let me start by saying the staff at the Hotel Indigo is the best! They really make this hotel standout. If you stay, you should stop and see Jamie the concierge. She is truly a star here and will make sure you are armed with all the information you might need to enjoy your stay. She recommended several places for us to check out and she was right on the money.

The location of the hotel is great for exploring downtown Asheville. You can walk to all the great restaurants, shops, bars etc. I really don't think you could ask for a better location.
We had a corner room on the ninth floor with some fantastic views. The room was spotless and comfortable. Plenty of room for the two of us. The bathroom is large and had one the largest showers I have ever since in a hotel. Nice coffee setup as well. The Kuerig coffee makers are great.
The bed was extremely comfortable and there was plenty of room for working as well as relaxing.
We did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel, but I am thinking it must be good as it was busy.

We thought the rooms were well built as well. We heard no noise from other rooms or from the road. One thing I loved were the fact they had windows you could open! Most hotels lack this and I love it when you can let in fresh air.

The staff here as I said can not be beat. They all seem to really love working there and it shows. Everyone we encountered, from the front desk to housekeeping were pleasant and smiling. Something you don't always see.
I know we will make this the place to stay on any future trips to Asheville.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have some great views. If you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I feel like others have discussed the location, decor, and the trendiness of the hotel. So I'll focus on some of the benefits we enjoyed that you maybe don't read about on a regular basis, specifically those surrounding the handicap-accessible room that we stayed in.

One of the adults in our party is in a wheelchair and has very limited mobility outside of the chair. A lot of hotels will say that they're accessible, but the Hotel Indigo TRULY is.
- Outlets on the walls aren't at the floor and are horizontal vs vertical. They were positioned so that he had easy access to light switches & plugs.
- Hardwood floors made it MUCH easier for him to navigate and the room had more than enough room for him to navigate anywhere he wanted to go - not to mention the extra wide doors!
- The roll-in shower had not one but two seats that he could use - one built-in to the shower and the other was mobile. It also had a mounted, handheld showerhead that made it much easier for him to use.
- The sink, bathroom countertop, mirror, desk, etc were all positioned at an appropriate height for him to access in the chair.
- The shade & curtains had long extension handles that were convenient for him to use.

Because the hotel is so close to the interstate, there is a "hum" of road noise. We were on the 6th floor and could still hear - it wasn't loud by any means, though, and didn't interrupt our stay. But if you are someone that requires absolute silence, this may be something to consider.

I know I've focused a lot on the ease of accessibility for him, but it is something we often struggle with when traveling. Our daughter (8 yrs old) & I also LOVED the hotel and will stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
20  Thank pirategirl9901
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Awesome hotel. Within walking distance to everything downtown. The restaurant has amazing food. Try their soups!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank prouddad24
Reviewed 25 April 2012

As many reviewers have noted, this is a great location, within a block or two of all the downtown action in Asheville. It is easy to walk to the many great restaurants and brewhouses in the downtown district.

The staff was courteous and friendly, and checking in was a breeze. The room we had on the west side of the building overlooked the mountains off in the distance, and was tastefully decorated with an eclectic, modern feel. The pillow-top bed was covered with a nice duvet and was quite comfortable. The bathroom, with its white stone counter was classy and the shower was probably one of the largest I have ever seen in a hotel.

Being near the freeway, there was some road noise as traffic picked up on Monday morning, but it wouldn't stop me from staying here again. Actually, the next time I head to Asheville, this would be one of the first places I would think of staying...

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the west side of the building, high enough up to enjoy the sunset over the mountains!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple